37

37|Cloudy with a chance of Reign

"Katherine Waters!"

My father's voice echoed through the house and landed right in the sitting room where I was currently watching Pretty Little Liars with Kayla and Annie. Both of my sisters turned their heads towards me with looks of sympathy on their faces.

Dad never called me by my full name unless the matter was serious. We all knew that.

"We're in the sitting room!" I yelled back, not moving from my seat but rather letting him come to me. If I was going to be reprimanded, I would rather have it done where I was comfortable.

Finally, he walked into the room where we sat and smiled at all of us awkwardly. Dad had always tried to make us happy in little ways when we were younger but since we didn't see him much anymore it was a surprise to see a smile on his face at all.

As he walked in, it seemed that he forgot all about what he wanted to talk to me about. "What are you all doing?" He asked politely, sitting next to me on the couch so that he could see the TV. "Pretty Little Liars again?"

I was stunned into silence and I sat, flabbergasted that he actually knew about the show we were watching. Dad barely watched TV.

"Yeah, that's what we're watching. It's the second last episode of the whole series." Kayla offered, obviously trying to break Annie and I out of our shocked state.

"Do you mind if I watch with you?" He asked us with just a little bit of hope in the brown eyes that I had inherited.

This had to be the work of angels, because never had my dad ever wanted to watch TV with us. If he wasn't working, he was sleeping out of exhaustion from working.

"No, not at all." I decided, turning my attention back to the TV. Spending a little bit of time with dad wouldn't hurt, especially when he was in a good mood. None of us really knew when another opportunity like this would arise.

We all watched in silence and captured every detail of the episode. Right after, with no complaints from anyone, we watched the last episode of the series. Time flew by so fast and soon, without noticing, 3 hours had passed.

Once the episode was over, Annie reached for the remote and switched off the TV. We all took a moment to collect our thoughts but it was my dad that finally broke the silence.

"So all along, it was that girl? AD?" His face was incredulous and I couldn't blame him. I felt exactly the same way.

No one answered him, but instead we all sat in silence once again letting that fact sink in.

"What a way to end the series." Annie stated in bewilderment.

That's when we finally broke out of our revere and all started talking at once. No one's points could actually be heard and it felt more like a ranting session than anything else.

We must have been extremely loud because not even two minutes later, Josh walked into the room in confusion. He had probably been ready to tell us to shut up but as soon as his eyes landed on the laughing man who was almost jumping out of his seat, Josh stopped walking altogether.

"Oh, Joshua. You missed the last episode of Pretty Little Liars." My dad informed, sinking into the cushions of the sofa. Just seeing dad so relaxed seemed to set Josh into silence.

Josh simply stared on, incredulous. It must have been a surprise for him to see dad actually spending time with us too.

Noticing that it didn't seem as if he was going to answer dad anytime soon, I spoke up to try and break the tension. "Hey, Josh. Do you want to sit with us?" Josh looked up - finally out of the trance he was in - and sent me a grateful smile before walking over and sitting down next to dad.