"Keep it up, Anthony. I'll reach back there and whoop that ass." I shook my head with a smirk on my face while I gazed out of the window.

Welcome to Charlotte

Butterflies began to invade my stomach as I grew more and more anxious. I'd never even stepped foot out of Georgia now here I am in North Carolina, turning a new page and starting a new chapter in my life. A mere 45 minutes later, we pulled up in front a nice one story, brick house. The house was located in what seemed to be a pretty nice neighborhood. It was a lot better than the neighborhood we lived in when we were Georgia, that's for sure.

We got out of the car and I observed my surroundings. All of the houses on the block were very beautiful. They were either the same size as our house or a bit bigger since some of them were two story houses. "Nice, huh?" My dad asked, looking at Wesley and I. I nodded and shrugged, "It's cool." I said and he chuckled.

He let the seats down in the backseat and we retrieved our bags before following him to the front door. He looked at his key ring and selected a key before sticking it into the lock and unlocking the door. When we walked inside, we were surprised- well at least I was-. The house was very decorative and well put together. The carpet must've been freshly installed due to the smell of the house. The walls were painted white but the paint job seemed to have to be fresh, due to the stench that was lingering as well. The house was furnished with a leather couch that was up against the wall on the right side of the room, along with a leather love seat that was placed in front of the window that had burgundy drapes. In between the space of the two couches, there was a small table there with a lamp on it.

In the middle of the living room was a black table with a glass table-top and over on the other wall, there was an entertainment center, which was obviously for when my father hooked the TV, stereo, and speakers up. "Pretty nice, huh?" He asked and both Wesley and I nodded which made him smile proudly.

"Who furnished it though?"

"I furnished the living room when I came down here to buy the house a few weeks ago. I only did the living room though," He said.

"Take your shoes off and go tour the rest of the house," He said. I slid my converse off of my feet and dropped my bags at the door before walking into the dining room and seeing that it was empty and right ahead there was the kitchen. There was a lot of counter space, as well as a built in microwave that was installed right above the stove. I walked a bit further and noticed the doors that led to the laundry room and garage.

"Woah! Jay, come look at the rooms!" I heard Wesley call for me. I left out of the kitchen and walked down the hallway. I looked to my left and seen a full bathroom that had a spacious tub/shower. There was a marbled counter and a large mirror mounted on the wall.

I nodded in approval and went down the hall seeing a room that was painted green and I seen Wesley standing in the room. "I call dibs on the green," I said, looking around the room. I went over to the closet and opened it, looking inside, seeing it was very spacious.

"Yeah, this is mine," I said and he scoffed, "Nigga, please. You're out your rabbit ass mind if you think you're getting this room." He said then his eyes widened. I furrowed my eyebrows and followed his gaze. I looked over and seen our Dad leaning against the door with his arms crossed and his eyebrow raised. "Three weeks. You're grounded for three weeks," Dad said while he unbuckled his belt.

I hurried and hustled out of the room to look at the rest house so I wouldn't have to watch Wesley get his ass beat, although I'd still hear it.

"What did I just say in the car, Wesley?!"

Smack!

He yelped and he got hit three more times before I heard his cries and weeps.
Someone's gonna have a good nap. I thought to myself while looking into the room that was painted yellow. It was about the same size as Wesley's room and I saw the closet was way bigger than his. I nodded in approval, "You like your room?" Dad asked, fixing his belt as he breathed heavily. "Yeah, I do. Someone had quite a workout."I said, staring at him. "I did, but I didn't hit him that hard. You know how extra your brother is," he said and I nodded.