He Doesn't Go Here -Ethan-

I realize the one in the picture is Grayson.

You

This was the only downfall in having Ethan pick me up. Which is that he took foreverrrrrr. Though I don't complain about because I would never take a bus.

Nothing against them- just that once I saw Amber Alert on Netflix, "stranger danger" became so surreal.

Therefor, I'd wait 35 minutes for Ethan to get here. If anything I'm lucky he's able to drive me at all, his school being close to 30 minutes away and he comes over just to pick me up.

In a way, the entire time I'm waiting for him, he's also waiting for me. Waiting to get to me. Suddenly I was totally fine with waiting- I'd wait an hour.

I didn't find it fun to have to sit and wait the entire half hour but I also don't mind it. It wasn't that bad, all I had to do was put in earphones and ignore the world as it ignored me.

I rarely ever had anyone to talk to since most of the people I know, do ride the bus or either just aren't around half an hour after school for no reason to just sit outside. Either way, anytime someone would come around to talk to me it's always by the time Ethan will pick me up anyways. Then I'd have to cut the conversation short- why didn't they just come 20 minutes ago?

As I suspected, getting pulled away from my very obssesed song, These Are The Lies, I hear human contact.

"Hey- I know you hear me"

Assuming they'd think I'd purposely ignore them to not deal with anyone and pretend I hadn't heard a thing. Guilty to say I've done it before.

"Yes. Hello" I sigh as I pull out the last earbud, now fading away my song until I heard nothing.

I never understood how people can keep one headphone in and still listen well enough to have a full conversation with someone. Especially when their music is some-what loud. I couldn't do it. It was impossible for me to try and hear them and give them my full attention.

"Did you miss your bus?" He questions

I knew this kid.
I realized as I followed the direction of the voice and slightly turned my head.

"No. I don't ride buses" I explained with a awkward smile.

"And you don't drive?" He questioned

"No, not yet" I answered shortly.

I attempted to place my earbud back in but he still continued talking. Though I still could've done it, I was raised with manners.

"So who picks you up?" He asks sitting next to me. Extremely close may I add.

I look over and scoot farther away.

"My boyfriend" I informed him.

Again, I place my earbud into my right side giving a hit that I was not continuing the conversation.

"Who is he?" He pushes.

"He doesn't come here" I answer annoyed

"That's bullshit." I snap my head towards him. "The whole 'he doesn't go here' thing. Kinda middle school-ish, don't you think?"

I was going to object and fire back irritated as hell, but my lovely not bullshit boyfriend pulled up.

Without another word, I stood up and walked towards Ethan's car getting into the passenger seat.

"Hey baby" he greeted.

"Hello." I replied happily as I kissed his cheek.

"Who's that?" Ethan asked nodding towards the kid who was bugging me.

"Nobody" I giggle putting on my seatbelt.

Didn't possibly crossed my mind that the boy could hear me, but he began to walk over to us.

"You sure?" Ethan pointed out that he started approaching us.

"Can I help you?" I ask sarcastically

"This is the guy who 'doesn't go here' right?" He asked not glancing at Ethan.

"This is the nobody" Ethan said while standing on the drivers side-
I never noticed him opening the door or getting up from the car.

"Yep" I say awkwardly

"Okay" Ethan nodded and re entered his car.

I grab a hold of Ethan's hand as he drove off.

Neither of us said a word as we continued to silently be amused by the event that just happened.

"So they don't think I'm real huh?" Ethan questioned as we arrived home.

"Nope. Must be too good to be true" I let out a laugh.

"Maybe I should transfer then" he suggested

"Careful now, you'd go from 'nonexistent' to 'avoidable' around my school" I admit

"Damn. That many guys want a shot at my girl?" He laughed

"What can I say?" I joked.

I don't know. Apparently when someone has a girlfriend/boyfriend but they "don't go here" then it's a lie?

-V