Let Me Go -Grayson-

I got inspired by Happier- Ed Sheeran- and I'd like to try and make a short story about what the song describes and the kind of relationship that's happening. Except here, Grayson won't give up so easily.

You

Grayson asked if we could catch up after a month of not talking to each other, the one month we spent apart.

We've been dating for nearly 7 months. What I had with Grayson was probably the closest thing I've ever gotten to love. Maybe not exactly since everything turned out the way it did.

I'm 15, Grayson is 18. Even tho we are young, if it wasn't love than it's the closest I've gotten to love. It could've been perfect, but so many little things went wrong and they grew until they were all bad things.

I'm not sure if bringing my newly boyfriend along was a smart or bitchy move. Then I started thinking if he did the same. I wouldn't mind he had a girlfriend. Maybe she'd be his all.

But then no matter how happy I'd be for him, the thought of him being with someone else like he was with me kind of gave me a dull ache.

I didn't want Grayson feeling that way. But by then it was too late, we were here. And Grayson was here. He was waking up to us when I looked over.

My boyfriends name is Dylan. He was always very sweet. He was a simple guy. Never really asked anything too personal, never got into drama, never insulted anyone, never really hanged around with the groups of friends that would gather at a party. He'd keep to himself, I guess that's what caught my attention. I like someone like him. Simple, easy, calm, kind, pure. There was something just so genuine about him.

Grayson wasn't like that. Grayson wasn't like anyone I've known. He'd have a way of making me feel like the most beautiful human being to ever walk on earth. And the earth is full of beautiful people, and even tho I didn't feel that way about myself, he'd make it seem as though that's what he truly believed.

Grayson wanted to know everything about me. My ups and my downs, my flaws, my personality, every part of it. Dylan wanted to know whatever I wanted him to know. Whatever I wanted to share. He never told me what he wanted, he never asked me to share more than what I was ready.

I liked his way of being. He seemed so care free. On the other hand, Grayson was always worried, upset, frustrated, whatever it was, he was never at peace. I felt as though I needed some of that. Dylan was my peace.

I felt as if time unfroze from when I entered my thoughts and nothing continued as though time stopped. Exactly like how I had left it to enter my mind, Grayson took a couple steps and now stood in front of me and Dylan. I couldn't help but smile, from the looks of it neither could he.

"Hi" I said as I went for a hug.

"Hey. It's so good to see you" he said hugging me tighter.

"This is Dylan" I said as I leave his grasp and turned to Dylan.

"Hey" Grayson held out his hand

"Nice to meet you" he shook his hand but waited for his name.

"Grayson" he explained

"Grayson" Dylan let go of his hand.

After getting the small talk about of the way Dylan got a call from his mom about his sister. I didn't hear much but he kissed me on the cheek before saying sorry and that he'd be back.

"He seems nice" Grayson tilted his smoothie towards Dylan.

"He is" I said looking towards Dylan with a light smile at how he was actually nice.

"How long have you and him- you know" he asked

"He just asked me about three weeks ago, it's new" I paused

"So have you been seeing an-"

"No I haven't" he interrupted.

I held in my breath as we caught eyes. Seeing them so close again, face to face, like there was nobody else in the world.

"I've missed you" he blurted out locking his eyes with mine.

"Grayson" I exhaled.

"I'm in a good place" I continued

"I can see that" he looked over at Dylan

"He's a good guy" I explain truthfully.

He looks back at me and lays back into his chair. Creating new distance between us, new distance I didn't want.

"I'm really happy for you"

Don't you dare cry Grayson.

His head was down, just like when we broke up. He was truly upset, but also had his mind set.

"I am happy" I assure him

But I was in heaven when I was with you.

He took a deep breath sitting up right into his chair. I look up to see Dylan walking back towards us.

"I'm so sorry for that, Liliana has a school play at 7 and she was worried she wouldn't get her costume in time" he explained.

I listened while looking over at Grayson, looking as normal as ever.

How can someone just shut out emotion like that?

"I should get going soon" Grayson stood up.

He held out his arm to Dylan and firmly shook it.

"Nice meeting you man"

"You too" Dylan let go

Grayson came towards me. He hesitantly pulled out his hand.

I scoffed and pulled him into a hug. Probably the tightest hug I've ever given anyone.

We stayed there for a while. I took in his embrace. As I'm sure Grayson and I both enjoyed this moment we had together.

"Goodbye Grayson" I said in a upsetting tone.

"I'm not letting you go" he whispered

He meant it metaphorically, as he loosened his grip. I looked into his eyes trying to figure out what he meant.

Please get over me Grayson.

I took Dylan's hand into mine and walked away from Grayson.

Break ups, they're though.

-V