"What a delightful idea, Isabella," Robert praised as Theophilus nodded his approval.

"Yes, I think that would be lovely as well," Nano agreed, sounding both suspicious and surprised.

Wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible, Isabella bolted from her seat, banging her knee on the bottom of the table leg in her haste. She ignored the pain that came with the movement and tried to not limp as she headed towards the door. "Well, I'm gonna-ah-go look for my friends."

Nano who had visibly relaxed picked up her cup of tea, her thin fingers poised the white china teacup with mauve and lavender colored flowers mid-air. "Have fun, and please let them know they should not bother Ms. Serena; she has a lot of work to do while she is here to get what she needs for her book. She can't be bothered with answering questions and signing books for everyone."

Isabella stunned by the continued support of the woman who had no other desire than to wreak havoc on their lives, tried to recover quickly. She offered Nano and the others a weak smile, "Yes, I'll tell them." Turning to Serena, she encouraged. "Enjoy the tour."

Without waiting for a reply, she left her grandmother's office, pulling the door closed behind her. She paused for a moment, listening to muffled speech that was followed by Theophilus's and Robert's laughter mixed with the giggle of Serena Silver.

Suppressing a shiver and the growing feeling of dread that sat like a heavy brick in her stomach, she set out to find Cleo and the others. Evidently, Ms. Silver was going to have to be handled by the younger generation.

***

Temporarily forgetting the issue with Serena and the fascination of her grandmother in assisting the woman who could potentially destroy their family or where Cleo and the others had been all morning, Isabella shrugged on a shirt and removed her shoes.

"Who are these supposed guest trainers?"

"I don't know," Cleo admitted, as she resituated ponytail that would not contain her blonde mane by the end of the session. "I only saw Colin for a minute before Serena came up to us. I texted you right after."

Isabella jerked her head up so fast that it temporarily made her vision dizzy, "Wait, who?"

"You know, Ms. Silver," Cleo balked, enunciating the words like Isabella was daft.

"I know who, what I mean is why?"

"Why what?"

Isabella let out a breath slowly, trying to keep calm, "Why did she want to talk to you?"

Cleo shook her head. "Not me, Colin."

"About what?"

Shrugging her shoulders as she made her way to the door, Cleo called over her shoulder, "No clue, he left to go talk to her I guess." Holding the door open of the changing room Cleo encouraged, "Come on, you know how Colin hates waiting. Besides, he said something about having something fun planned today after class."

Isabella fell in step with her friend quickly, perplexed how she seemed to be an outsider on all the happenings in the hotel in the last twelve hours. Trying to keep the growing anxiety in check, she mused lightly, "I wonder what he has planned."

"As long as I get to see him in work out gear I'm happy."

"You know. If you don't stop talking about my brother like he's a piece of meat—"

"Ruin my fun, why don't you?" Cleo quipped.

Isabella bit back her retort as they entered the gym. Perhaps hanging out with Colin and Cleo after their workout would give her time away from the issue and collect her thoughts about Serena.