*Bonus chapter 6*

Cole has been acting weird for a whole week. He seems to be spaced out sometimes, his speech is different, even his movements have changed. The worst of all, is his new attitude - arrogance is coming from him constantly, his words sometimes are much harsher, than it's needed to be. His gaze is plastered on me, more intense than I feel comfortable with and I can't understand, what it means, as his eyes are always the same, expressionless.

       Before I said I hate him, that I don't like the way he is, so inhuman. But now..... something is happening to him, something I am unaware about. Strangely, he feels more human like, than robot. My thoughts have changed from that of dislike, to fear. It is so bizarre to see him this way, as I have witnessed his character before the change.

     My mind keeps going back to the information I saw on dad's desk. Robots with emotions. Could it be real? Is that what is happening to Cole? But how is it possible? How did he get this infection? Is he dangerous? Can he be violent? There might be something else to him. I am just making wrong conclusions. I have to get these stupid questions and thoughts out of my mind. It is not my business.

      Last couple of days I have spent at home, because I don't want to meet him. He makes me nervous. His eyes linger on me for too long, which makes me mentally curl into a little ball, by how emotionally troubled I feel. Cole came to our apartment yesterday to check, if I am alright. Why? It is just so stupid. Did my father asked him to do it? I will have to say him to stop worrying about me. Before he treated me like a child, but now it feels like I am more like a baby, by how much attention I get. This is just ridiculous. 

     The only good thing about Cole, is that he have managed to take control of his strength used on me, he is not so rough anymore, his hold on me is more gentle, that it was before.
I decide to go and see my father, as he have not been home whole day. He must be tired of constant work.

****

       Police department looks very quiet tonight, despite the problems occurring throughout the city. I do not see a single soul by front door. I walk closer to it and expect it to slide open, but nothing happens. I almost run in to the glass pane. This is odd. I called my dad just minutes ago and he said, he is still in his office. And why police station is closed in a first place? 

    I decide to use back door to get inside. Lucky me! It is opened. Everything is empty inside. Not a single human nor robot. What is going on? I sneak behind the security desk and take a look in surveillance cameras. Offices are empty, cells are empty. On one screen I see two people. Finally! After zooming in, I recognize my dad and ....... Cole. They are in ......armory? Why? I will go and ask them and say my old man to take a break for once.

    A space for weapons are quite the size. There more than just one room and whole section is sealed off. Today it is opened, but why? 

"Dad? Dad? Are you there?" I say, but not too loud. 

The thought of night outside, makes all of this experience very spooky. No chatting, no other sounds, just my feet clapping against the floor and my beating heart are only disturbances at this place. 

I pass the corner and finally see both of them.

"Da....?" my mouth stays open in mid sentence. 

BANG!

C.... Cole just shot my dad........

     My eyes have blurred out everything else, except my father. His body is on the ground and his blood is pouring out so fast, making half the floor take color of red. I run up to him. My hands are trembling and my breathing is rugged. I shake him few times, but nothing..... no movement...... nothing.

A realization of the situation hits me and my eyes let out stream of tears, which I cannot stop. 

"Dad! Dad! Wake up! P....please!" I cry over his body.

     I have failed to pay attention to a murderer, who is still standing beside us - Cole. My teary eyes come up to him. A gun is still in his hands and feral fear takes over me. My body is shaking more than before, as I look in his cold eyes. I can't move, but I have to, if I want to get away from him. Slowly I stand up, balancing my form against the wall behind my back. Cole's eyes follow my movements slowly. I have to get out of here or else...... I am dead. Without a second thought, I run to the door separating armory from the rest of the building. Couple of meters and I will be out. I hear a movement behind me, but I am too afraid to look back. And just a step before my freedom, I hear a loud banging click and the door shuts in front of my face. I bang my fists hard against the tough glass in hopes that somebody might hear me and save me from this insane machine.

"Heeelp! Please somebody help me!" I shouted between my cries."Please....."

      A reflection in the glass window made me go silent. Cole was right behind me with his gun pointed straight at my head, just millimeters away from touching me. My body went stiff. I don't know how long we were starring at each other through the reflection, but it felt like eternity. He said nothing, just looked at me straight in my eyes. What was he thinking? Is he going to kill me? 

Silence was killing me, so I decided to talk first: "Please...... don't kill me.....". My voice trembled on each word. 

      In matter of a second his metallic looking hand came straight to the back of my neck and strongly took hold of it. He did not seem to spare a thought of going easier on me. I felt like an animal taken by a scruff, as he moved me slowly back in to the room. I was glad that he have removed the gun for now, but what is he going to do to me? He pressed a button on the wall, which opened the door, which I desperately banged on a minute before. Cole moved me back roughly and he guided me in unknown direction. I felt scared to even breath, as he could snap my neck in matter of seconds by how strong his grip on me was. We walked down the stairs and I had a feeling that we are heading for a basement, to the cells, where they keep criminals. I cried a lot remembering my father on top floors, laying on the ground lifeless. What am I going to do without him...? How am I going to survive.....? If..... I feel that Cole will not spare my life, seeing how easily he took my father's.

"Get inside!" his words boomed in my ear.

       He shoved me inside a quite large confinement cell and closed a sliding door behind him completely. Taking slow steps towards me, Cole still was boring in my eyes, his gaze so intense and at the same time cold and dead looking. I backed off as far as I could. 

"W....why did you do it? Why y....you k....killed him?" I cried.

"He......never mind. It does not concern you." Cole said calmly.

"It does! He is my father! Everything concerning him is concerning me too!" my temper got through my fear of him.

His black finger came to my cheek and he wiped off a tear, that have left my eye. Then he grabbed my chin and said to me, his face so close to mine, that I could see in his mechanic eyes - so different looking from human ones.

"I have some important things to attend. Wait here until I come. Do not try to escape." He looked back at door behind him. "Not like there is a way....."

"Let go of me, you ..... st......machine!" I pushed him away from me. I wanted to say that word, but saw no point to it now. Nothing matters anymore.

He left the cell and me, not even taking a glance back. I was left alone, completely alone in this cell, in this building........