Meeting His Parents

Chapter 3: 

"Say hello to your son Kaleb," Alexia whispers sniffling as I look down at what she had handed me; it was an ultrasound picture. My phone started buzzing, I take it out of my jeans pocket, it was a text form my mom......That is just great.

Mom: Kaleb where are you? Your father and I are waiting to meet Alexandra

Me: I'm at the hospital; I've been here for the last hour. Alexia was hurt by Hanna. How about you and dad come here?

Mom: Oh dear, don't worry Kaleb we'll be there as soon as we can. Have you contacted Alexandra's parents?

Me: Alexandra likes to be called Alexia mom and she's on the phone with her parent's right now.

I look down at the ultrasound photo that Alexia had given to me, that was my son. She's carrying MY son; I'm going to have a little boy to teach how to play football and baseball. Alexia hangs up her cell phone the lays her head on my shoulder I wrap my arms around her as my phone buzzes again, it was another text message it was not form my mother or father...but it was from Hanna.

Hanna: Kaleb I'm sorry I got upset over Alexia getting married. But why did you call her your wife? Your dating me remember that little fact?!

Me: .....Alexia is my wife. You and I are no longer together you almost killed my child! Alexia is carrying my baby and you could have killed him; when you pushed her against my car.

Hanna: YOU can't break up with ME Kaleb.

Me: oh really because I believe I just did, so fuck off Hanna and have a nice life

I feel Alexia lean on me even more and I look down at her she was sleeping, I slide out of the bed kissing her head then I go outside her room still holding the picture and my phone. "Kaleb!!! Is Alexia okay? Is the baby okay?" Mrs. Thomas questions as she rushes towards me with her husband.

"They are both fine Mr. and Mrs. Thomas. Alexia and our son are perfectly fine," I say handing her the picture that Alexia gave me.

"It's a boy?" Mr. Thomas asks and I nod smiling wide, nothing could ruin this moment at all I was happy that my fiancée and baby were fine.

"Yes Mr. Thomas."

"Please Kaleb call us, Kayla and Troy," Kayla say as she hugs me. Then I see my parents looking around, I should probably go get them.

"Mother! Father!" I say and they turn to look at me; my mother takes off quickly to where I'm standing and father follows in her foot-steps.

"Kaleb what happened?" father asks as I walk with them over to the Kayla and Troy. Kayla hands me the ultrasound picture as Troy puts his arm around her.

"He's beautiful Kaleb," Troy says causing me to smile wide, mother looks at me with a confused look on her face and my father looks at me as well.

"Who?"

Kayla and Troy looks at each other then they walk into Alexia's room, I take a deep breath; time to tell them the truth. Mother takes the ultrasound picture from my hand gasping. My dad looks at the picture his eyes growing wide. I swallow hard looking at the both of them.

"Is....Is....," mother stammers to form a sentence as she looks into me her and I take the picture back.

"Son, is this child yours?" father questions as I put the picture in my pocket with in my wallet.

"Yes, I'm the father of my son," I say looking at them and my father shakes his head. Mother looks at me with wide eyes and her mouth wide open. I'm going to have a son! Oh sweet Jesus!

"This happened 4 months and two weeks ago," I answer the question I knew was on both of their minds, "Yeah I cheated on Hanna with Alexia," I add and then look at me in complete shock.

APOV

I wake up looking around the room for Kaleb, but he was not there the room was empty I look at the pale cold walls as I hear the door open; my head shoots up as my hand trails down my side and rests protectively on my stomach, I keep it there as I look at the door I see my parents as my thoughts roam to what the doctor had told me. A boy, I'm having a son! Troy looks at me and I look him then mom rushes over to me seeing that I am wake.

"Mom Dad," I say as I feel tears in my eyes mom looks at me and Troy smiles as I realized I just called him 'dad' for the second time ever. Mom hugs me gently as dad stands there and watches us.

"Oh Alexia! Thank god your both are okay. What happened? Why are you here in the first place?" mom says as I hold onto her letting the tears fall that were pooling in my eyes. Dad walks over to me and hugs the both of us; as Kaleb and a couple man and women in their med forties walk into the room.

"I was feeling really sick so Kaleb pulled the car over. He held my hair back. After I was sick Hanna, was standing there, I told her about the marriage. She slapped me and Kaleb yelled at her," I say then I start sobbing and I could not finish the story, so Kaleb took over and finished it.

"After I yelled at her, Lex wanted to get in the car so she was moving to the car; Hanna pushed her into the car door hard; Lex fell," Kaleb continues and then adds, "I could have lost her and our son."

After he says that I begin to sob harder, Kaleb moves over to me and wraps his arms around me and my arms go under his arm pits as I hold onto him breathing in his sent in as I make his shirt wet with my salty tears. He was right I could've miscarried our son; because my so called best friend Hanna Kaleb's girlfriend. Kaleb was rubbing my back as I calm down enough to get my breathing back to normal.

"Hello Alexandra I'm Mrs. Baker and this is my husband Mr. Baker," the woman who walks into the room with Kaleb, I tense up in my fiancés arms. OH MY GOD his parents are here.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Baker I'm Alexia," I respond looking at Kaleb who was still rubbing my back.

"Oh please dear call me Jacob and please call my wife Vanessa," Mr. Baker says as he holds out his hand for me to shake it, I take it shaking it firmly as I lean on Kaleb. Kaleb's hand goes to my stomach and rubs it gently as I look at his parents. I still can't believe that I am having a baby, let alone a baby boy in 5 months.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Baker it's nice to meet you," I say quietly as I feel Kaleb put his hand on my shoulder causing me to relax almost instantly as I look at his parents that were going to be my in-laws in about a week. Because, that is what Kaleb wanted, the wedding was just going to be us and our families along with my brother Dallas who had just turned 22 and Kaleb's older sister Tessa who was 21.