My Busy Day

Chapter 18

The next morning I awoke in Nick's arms. I began to look over at him and saw him sleeping peacefully. I then smiled before getting up quietly and getting dressed. As I began getting dressed, I felt a pair of eyes on me before I looked back at Nick and he said...

"Morning," Nick said.

"Morning," I said, putting on my boots and finishing getting dressed.

"Why don't you come back to bed?" Nick asked.

"Nick we can't I have to go to Toronto today and you need to go and find out some information for Jeremy so if you want me to drive you there then we have to go," I answered.

"Come on, just five more minutes," Nick said.

I then walked over and sat by him before giving him a sweet kiss before letting go and saying...

"Come on," I said.

"Hey anyway, I didn't even know you could drive let alone have a car," Nick said.

"There's a lot of things you didn't know about me and I didn't have my with me until Logan came and dropped it off for me quickly this morning," I said.

I then grabbed Nick's clothes and threw them on him before saying...

"Come on, get dressed," I said before picking up a few of my bags and boxes before heading down the stairs.

Once I got down the stairs, I headed out with my bags and putting my big bags and boxes in the boot before closing it and getting in the front, putting my handbag in the backseat and getting ready to drive off in my Black Jeep. All of a sudden, Nick walked out of the door and got in beside me before doing his seatbelt. After seeing him do this I did mine before driving down the path and down the road.

As I drove down the road, Nick began to look at me weirdly. I began to feel a little weirded out before I said finally...

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," Nick answered.

He continued to do it.

"Seriously what?" I asked.

"Nothing it's just you're beautiful," Nick said.

I then smiled before saying...

"Thanks," I said.

We then continued to drive along before Nick said...

"So, what are you doing while I am off investigating?" Nick asked.

"Well I have a few things to do, first I have to pick up some paperwork from my publisher that I can give to the company I'll be working with, then I have to head back to my apartment to pick up some more clothes that I bring back to Bear Valley and then I have to go to a book signing and maybe after I'll go see Elena," I explained.

"Wow busy day," Nick said.

"I know I just can't wait to get it started," I said.

"Well good luck with everything," Nick said.

"You too," I said.

We then smiled before I finally reached Nick's destination and dropped him off.

"So, I'll see you later then," I said.

"Yeah you will," Nick said before giving me a kiss and then getting out of the car.

"Bye," I said.

"Bye," Nick said.

I then left him before I drove off to my publisher's building.

Once I arrived, I immediately headed inside, ready to talk with him. I then walked over to his room before knocking on the door and immediately opening it.

"Katherine how lovely it is to see you," my publisher said.

"Likewise Donald," I said before sitting down opposite him.

"So, what can I do for you?" Donald asked.

"I've come for the paperwork for the George's company," I answered.

"Yeah sure," Donald said before getting it out of his desk and giving it to me.

"Thank you," I said, receiving it.

"So, do you want to have a coffee and catch up?" Donald asked.

"Yeah I'm really sorry but I'm very busy today and I need to head to George's company and give them to him," I explained.

"Well I can send them over to him if you want?" Donald offered.

"Sure if you don't mind," I answered, giving them back to him.

"I don't mind at all, maybe another time for coffee?" Donald asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

I then got up and headed towards the door before saying...

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem," Donald said.

I then turned and headed out of the door before getting back in my car. Once I did this, I drove down the street before heading to my apartment.

After I arrived at my apartment, I immediately walked in and grabbed boxes of clothes and grabbed Phillip's sister's wedding present along with my dress for the wedding. I then headed back downstairs and to my car before putting it all in the boot and driving off to my book signing.

Once I arrived there, I then got the books out for people to sign before heading in the bookshop. As I walked in, I saw a huge crowd queuing up ready for me to sign their books. I was immediately proud of my success before I walked over to my chair and had my book copies set up. After sitting down, the people who were queuing finally started coming over asking for me to sign their books.

"Hi Katherine, I'm a big fan of yours, will you sign my book?" a fan asked.

"Sure and who should I make this out to?" I asked, taking my book and getting ready to sign.

"Charlotte," she answered.

"Okay," I said before signing her book and giving it back to her.

Thanks," Charlotte said, receiving it.

She then smiled before walked away. This went on for a while with many people coming over and asking for me to sign their books until finally I finished and headed out happily, ready to head to the wedding...