Chapter 2

Sorry about the late update, I had all these ideas but I couldn't find a way to type them and then my wifi failed so yeah, hope you enjoy the chapter it is extra long to be literal it is about 1000 words all together.(excluding the intro) Also thanks for the people who read the previous chapter it mean a lot any enough of my raving again hope you enjoy the chapter

As always

-Ruby💚

Thomas POV

The sun glares down at me as I open my eyes, squinting due to the change of surrounding. I sit up and look around, I see some boxes filled with medical equipment, food and other supplies we'll need. I gaze around at the other people in a daze rewinding what had just happened she pushed me out of the way and then spoke "I only ever cared for.." my thoughts get interrupted when I hear Minho speaking "get up shuckface, we survived we've got this whole place to ourself" he shouts I look up and see Minho smiling, he holds his hand out for me to grab I grab it before being pulled up.

Minho had just spoke to everyone about groups and jobs there would be the medjacks led by a girl called Violet, the chefs led by frypan obviously, the builders led by a boy named Nick and the explorers led by Minho and I, oh and the leaders which is Minho and I for now until we know we can trust everyone else. Now everyone is going around collecting boxes as I sit on a rock staring into the endless distance of this so called 'paradise'.

My day dreaming is interrupted as I see Brenda walking towards me she smiles and sits down "hey Tom" she says quietly, only Teresa calls me that not anyone else. I return to reality as I hear her speaking, then I feel her lips against mine, I don't react to it, she pulls back and stares at me, "don't call me Tom" I growl surprising myself as well as Brenda and before I know it I'm running towards the forest my head pounding as I hear Brenda shout from behind me "Tom stop" "don't call me that!" I shout as tears spill out of my eyes "she's gone, she's gone" I breath as I run further and further away from the camp we had set up. Over time I could only hear my own footsteps and Brenda's behind me, I speed up and break into a full on sprint before finding a tree I can climb up. I grab onto the first branch and test it cautiously it holds, I grab the next branch and repeat until I'm nearly up 10 metres, I sit on a thick branch that's hidden by leaves so no can see me. I wait and can hear Brenda's footsteps coming closer and closer until she is right under the tree she places her hands to her mouth and shouts "To-Thomas I know you're somewhere around here come on, just come back to the camp....please". I stay perched on my branch stuck like cement to it. I hear Brenda huff and then her footsteps go back the way we had just come from.

Teresa POV

I lean against the door my ear pressed against  listening until I don't hear foot steps outside the door, the room I came in is completely dark, I flip around and lean against the door my heart beat slowing down to normal. I close my eyes before sinking to the ground the tears finally escaping my eyes before I whisper into the darkness "what have they done to you Tom? What have they done?". Lights come on as I hear a familiar British accent whisper "Teresa" I look up and I can see Newt staring down at me he speaks again in a normal voice "why the bloody hell are you here?" well this is awkward I think. I look up at him before speaking again "well you see um I was kinda looking around and I found a room it had screens and I was watching and then someone got up and I had to run and hide somewhere and apparently it was this room" it comes out roughly due to the fact I haven't spoken for days. He stands and thinks before reaching his hand out for me to grab, I grab it and he pulls me up before asking me a question "where's Tommy, Minho and the rest of the gladers?" Umm well you know er I don't really know" I stutter, his eyebrows knit together in deep thought for a while before releasing as he speaks "don't you have that telepathic thing with Tommy where you can talk to each other" he says. I think before replying with a nod, I close my eyes and start to form words in my head 'Tom, Tom if your there probably not but if you are I just wanted to say I'm in WICKED and so is Newt and we're fine, that wasn't me under the ceiling oh god the guards are coming this has to be quick but Tom we're coming I promise' I hear the door knob turn my eyes dart around as I try to find somewhere to hide, Newt shoves me towards the bed and points to under it I scramble under before lifting myself off the ground the light flashes off and I can feel Newt dive onto the mattress above me. I close my eyes and try to silence my breathing, the light flickers on again and I can hear foot steps coming toward the bed then he talks "have you seen subject A1 in here?" I hear Newt speak "and who might subject A1 be sir?" He says innocently, the guard huffs "the girl" he replies Newt doesn't reply "Teresa Agnes" the guard says frustrated, "ohh Teresa, nah she isn't here" Newt says. I can hear the guard walk around the room looking in wardrobes and behind the bed I see his shadow beside the bed as he bends down, I hold my breath as I see his head, he stands up again, I let my breath out slowly as he walks towards the door slamming it as he leaves, Newts head pops out from above me signalling it's fine for me to come out from under the bed. I drop down and slide from under the bed pulling myself up using the bed frame, I stare into space planning how to get to Thomas.

How'd you like that?  Good I hope

Ok so I know it's moving slow but I promise literally like Teresa did when she talk to Tom telepathically that Teresa and Newt will go to paradise within the next 3 chapters I swear on my dogs life.

Comment and Vote

Oh I almost forgot QOTC: Do you think Teresa will die in The Death Cure movie?

Hope you enjoyed

-Ruby💙

What was once a paradise is now a hellhole (A Thomesa fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें