Chapter Nine.

Having The Apollyon as a babysitter was just about as bad as I thought it'd be, maybe not the reasons why though. I just thought he'd wait until we were alone to kill me but now its more like, if I wasn't a bright torch in a pitch-black tunnel to students I definitely was now with The Apollyon as a flashy accessory.                                                                                                                                 Not to mention, Anastazie and Cole were like the ultimate fangirls around him now that they knew I wasn't in danger anymore, which was comforting and un....comforting in a sense but at least they dropped the whole kinky fantasies I apparently had about him because that would truly be messed up.                                                                                                                                                            In addition to that, everyone especially loved it when he was in the class training sessions because that meant they properly showed off for the one and only Apollyon but for me it was another thorn up my ass, he was watching me fail, picking up on all my weaknesses so he could use them against me but the most exasperating thing I hadn't realised would be a problem was the one-to-one sessions afterwards because little did The Almighty Apollyon know I was still having them but with Phoenix not Stephanos, who was back tonight hopefully and honestly thinking about it sent me giddy with happiness because he was going to be closer to me once more.
Man, I felt so childish for thinking that; it even made the blood rush to my cheeks and give me pins and needles in my toes. And no, I had not done the phone thing, that had been such a cringy thought, I wasn't 12 anymore and I had never done anything like that in my life.                      "Young one?" Helios spoke suddenly behind me as I was heading into the changing room to get my next water bottle ready for the one-to-one session, though my mind was elsewhere. I almost jumped, knocking into him. Normally, my trick of I have a check-up with the nurse then I'll be in the gym so no need to worry worked if I pleaded hard enough.                                                                 "Isn't the Sentinel back from his mission and training you today?" He asked slightly spinning me slowly around to face him but it was still so graceful and swift, leaving me tensed up for a moment to catch up with time.                                                                                                                                       I stumbled messily, avoiding his eye contact at all costs, my gaze floated from the ceiling then darted down to the floor before zooming towards the door which I wish I was going out of right now or even through it at this point.                                                                                                                    "You think I wouldn't work out your little secret, child?" He whispered in my ear mockingly, his breath brushing against my ear and causing my hair to move slightly with it but dammit my excuse wasn't as great as I had once claimed it to be then.                                                                       "You ready, Kale—" Phoenix trailed off and I heard the gym doors swing shut behind him and I felt the tension fill the room even with Helios this close to me which again made me feel a little numb inside like death was slowly teasing me.                                                                                                "Good to see you again, sir Anastas" Phoenix immediately continued, bending at the waist to him with so much respect, it made my stomach turn slightly, should have I been bowing to The Apollyon as well? Helios on the other hand, lost interest in me and begun to turn round with a cool expression on his face.                                                                                                                                            "You aren't the sentinel this child should be having coached, are you sentinel?" He smirked slightly, his hand gesturing elegantly towards me while I desperately sent Phoenix mental signals for help out of this awkward arm grip the Apollyon had me in, though it was stupid to even try because why would he cover for me in front of the Apollyon.                                                          "No, sir Anastas. I took over for sentinel Stephanos as a favour because he is very busy" Phoenix replied sensible as he pulled his upper half back up to make eye contact with Helios, ignoring me completely now.                                                                                                                                                          "One should not take up a task if they cannot fulfil it, don't you agree, child?" Helios spoke to me this time, releasing me from his probably level one death grip, leaving my arm sore a little but I had suffered through worse.                                                                                                                                              I shook my head at him nervously as clutched onto my bottle slightly for reassurance of myself more than anything, something about those crimson eyes made my body feel like I was on a ball of fire bare footed.                                                                                                                                                               "I am guessing the Dean isn't aware of the situation?" The Apollyon asked the room now, folding his arm over his chest with a small smile on his face like he was actually finding this situation funny as his scar creased slightly. Was he amused about exposing us?!                                                "No, sir Anastas" Phoenix answered clearly, no an ounce of fear in him whereas as I was all fear. This could mean a lot of trouble and with it being The Apollyon I'm pretty sure he was trying to find some way of killing me and having a valid reason for it now been the gods want me alive or whatever. Either that or he just loved how the Dean treated me, I think most people did.                   "Hmm, very well. No matter, no matter. I can still figure out a few things about the half-blood child, no difference of whom the Sentinel should or shouldn't be" He continued, shrugging his shoulders and his body now relaxed as he glanced over to me before back to Phoenix, like he was giving his word on something but honestly, I was surprised and confused about why he wasn't going to do anything. It still left an eerie feeling in me, something wasn't right about him but I just couldn't figure out what yet and honestly I wasn't sure if I want to.            

.

After the tense one-to...two session, though all The Apollyon would do is watch me; he didn't really add much to the conversation just often 'hmm' when I did certain things like they were so interesting to him, it was super off putting and another reason that made this session suck was because it caused Phoenix to put me on my ass; it wasn't like he was going to go easy on me when he had a chance to impress the Apollyon. Pretty much everyone at this place were ass kissers and man, it pissed me off. No one had no freedom in this place.                                                       "You can leave me alone now. I'm only going to be having a shower and sleeping. I'm sure you have other stuff to do" I spoke, breaking the silences as I reached my dorm room; The Apollyon often stayed at this time, outside my door, that is. I wasn't sure how long he stayed on guard out there but it put me on edge, I felt like I was in danger when I shouldn't be. Plus, didn't this man have his own life? He basically just watched over his prey all day long...yep, I've officially just creeped myself the fuck out.                                                                                                                                          "I shall stay" He said bluntly, that cool expression eerily presenting itself to me again.                         "But there is a student in a coma, the family want—no they need answers. Your the person assigned for that! Not watching me every second of the day, I'm not going to do anything" I protested, getting slightly angry. Calix forming inside my mind and how crushed he looked, he needed answers for his brother and there was still a criminal out there! They need some sort of closure.                                                                                                                                                                          "Indeed... I suppose there are a couple things I need to do, that is if you are only going to be showering and sleeping only. I cannot have you leaving this room without me with you" He spoke, muddling over what I had just said to him; I could faintly see the empathy in those red eyes, he did care but not a lot... not enough, it was like a wall had shot up, blocking any real emotion from seeping out of his system.                                                                                                                   "I won't leave the room, promise" I told him firmly, with an every ounce of honesty in my expression, I could muster. I wanted to be left alone, I couldn't relax with him outside, standing there and I certainly wasn't in the mood to just be wandering about the base, I actually did want to sleep.                                                                                                                                                                                "Hm-hm, I suppose this is goodnight then, child" He said swiftly before turning on his heels and walking back down towards the stairs, that white outfit looked so bright against his raven hair. Before flashing of light bounced off the walls and then he was just gone. He could teleport? I was too tired to even try and start to comprehend what I had just seen.
I wonder what he'd find... I wonder if I would be told.
Highly unlikely.