1 - ONCE UPON A TIME

February 21, 2001

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

February 21, 2001

ONCE UPON A TIME, IN A FAR AWAY MANSION, NOT TOO LONG AGO, LIVED A KING AND HIS FAIR QUEEN. They were not royalty, not really, but they had lived in the mansion long enough that all knew their name, and their union had been cause for massive celebration. For many years they had longed for a child—or, as few would correct, a child that was biologically their own—and, finally, their wish was granted. A daughter was born and they called her Aurora, named after the dawn as she was born at sunrise and thenceforth filled their lives with sunshine and joy.

Then a great celebration was announced, all classes and events at the mansion cancelled so all could meet and show their love for their new princess.

"Congratulations," Professor Charles Xavier began, approaching the lavishly decorated cradle and peering inside, "I know I saw her at the hospital, but even after just one week, it feels like I'm meeting her all over again. You two must be very proud."

"We are, Professor, thank you," Leah replied, reaching out to squeeze his shoulder, "And thank you for this party, but the baby shower was more than enough."

Charles waved his hand, smiling as he shifted his chair to make room for others who wanted to approach the cradle. "Oh nonsense, this is the first time one of our own has had a baby while living here, of course we're going to celebrate. I must say, I'm looking forward to seeing if any mutations will make themselves known. Of course the gene might skip generations, but considering both of you and the level of your mutations, I would not be surprised in the slightest if she winds up more powerful than any of us. Though her gene may very well remain dormant. It's all very fascinating..."

A chuckle interrupts the older man, and the trio turn to find a familiar figure making their way towards them from the left hallway. Erik Lehnsherr's grin was as shark-like as ever, even in his old age, though it was plain to see how he softened when catching sight of the infant lying quietly in her cradle.

"Only you could find a way to talk about genetics during a celebration, old friend," the older man said, holding onto the back of Charles' chair to anchor himself as he reached out towards the foot of the cradle, setting down a stuffed owl the size of its new owner, Aurora staring at it with wide eyes.

"But I do agree. If your daughter is a mutant, she will be a very powerful one," he said, turning his attention to the couple who were watching him with only mind concern, "I overheard some of the students debating what her abilities will be. I'm afraid that you'll have to keep an eye on her if you don't want her swept off by an excitable pre-teen."

"At least we won't have to worry about finding a babysitter," Stefan joked, though his smile didn't quite reach his eyes which were constantly darting towards the open front door every few moments, scanning the large crowd of people enjoying the food and celebration.

Sleeping Beauty ▷ Peter Parkerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें