Eighteen

"You can handle this," Garnet murmured, closing the door. She locked it and I heard her footsteps fade as she walked away. I turned to Jasper. She had sat down in the corner with her back turned. She was rocking gently back and forth.
      "You probably hate me, don't you?" she murmured. "I-I get it. I know how you probably feel. I want you to know that... I'm really, really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." She was crying now. "I did hurt you, though. I know that. I wish I hadn't, because now I'm going to lose you, and... you're all I've got." I felt my eyes filling with tears.
      "I don't hate you, Jasper," I whispered. "You did hurt me, but it was an accident. I understand. I just want to go back to being friends. I... I forgive you." I knelt next to her and reached out a hand to comfort her. She pulled away.
      "But... why? You've done so much for me, but I never do anything except mess things up. I know what everyone says about me, and it's all true. I'm not worth forgiving." I pulled her into a hug.
      "Of course you are," I murmured gently. "You are worth so much. So much. Never let anyone make you feel like you aren't." She smiled and gave me a tight hug. "Oof," I said.
      "Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for everything. I promise to never hurt you again."
      "You're welcome, Jasper."