“Doing?” I asked wanting an elaboration. 

“Cole works with his father production company and I work in my fathers law firm.” Liam answered.

With Liam’s answer I couldn’t help but laugh. I clutched my stomach as I thought about it. I could picture Cole working for a production company but, Liam working for a law firm? That’s just. . .well. . .laughable. If the girls didn’t know about this yet, I knew that they would have a laugh about it.

“What’s so funny?” Liam asked crossing his arms over his chest.

“I think it’s the fact that you just told her that you work in your fathers law firm.” Cole stated

“How is that funny?” he asked looking to Cole for an answer.

“Because your Liam,” Cole shrugged as if that was a good enough answer. “I’ve known you all my life so I know how you are when it comes to work. But she. . .doesn’t.”

“I’m sorry,” I giggled trying to stop my laughing. Taking a few breaths I decided that I was okay to talk. “Sorry, that was just. . .unbelievable. I can’t see you as a lawyer.”

“Then what to do see me as?” Liam asked arching his brow.

“I really don’t know but, lawyer is definitely not it. You’re just so. . .mellow and funny, carefree. You don’t strike me as a lawyer. All the ones I’ve meet at stuck up, serious, asses.”

“I’m a new breed of lawyer. A better one.” Liam said puffing out his chest. 

“Whatever,” I mumbled with a roll of my eyes. “You’re sounding a tad bit conceded there, Liam.”

“I am not conceded.” he grumbled “I’m honest.”

“If that’s what you want to call it then so be it.” I said “Anyways, since the two of you are here what are we going to do?”

“Hm, I didn’t really think of what we were going to do when we got here.” Liam commented “There really isn’t much to do here.”

“It’s not that there isn’t anything to do here,” Cole began “We’ve just been here so many times that everything here is. . .nothing new.”

“Well we need to find something to entertain ourselves with.” Liam grumbled 

“How about we start with breakfast?” I asked pulling out a box of cereal from the pantry.

“We’ve already had breakfast.” Cole said rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

I gasped in mock horror. “You both had breakfast and didn’t think to bring me anything? Now tell me, who doesn’t love who?”

“In our defense, we had breakfast separately – in our own homes – and didn’t decided on coming here till after we met up.” Cole said 

“Ugh, whatever,” I grumbled making myself some cereal. 

I wasn’t in the mood to really cook a full on meal for breakfast. Plus, I didn’t want to risk burning down the kitchen. I don’t think Xavier would appreciate that too much. I know for a fact that I’m not the worst cook out there but, I could definitely use more practice. Xavier and I would probably accomplish more when it came to cooking than we did with Art. I dug into my cookie crisp with gusto – scarfing it down like it was the single most exquisite thing I had ever tasted. I couldn’t help it thought since cookie crisp happened to be my most favorite cereal of all time.