“uh I'm not to  sure about that” I said, I wasn’t going to lie. I didn’t want to fight because I don’t think I needed to learn how to, there are pack warriors to protect us. “I just want you to learn how to fight, this will make you better, I have other plans but this is just the first step. So will you do that? I will not force you but when you agree to this then you agree to my plans for you” He said.

He was being awfully secretive about this and I'm not too sure if I wanted to go with it, but what did I have to lose? “Ok, one month of fighting as long as it’s here and not every day” I reasoned.  “Deal, you will fight for two hour session on Monday Wednesday and Friday. And you will have the training part of the yard all to yourself, I’ll let you know details when I find a trainer” he said, wow he was fast with all this. Why the hell did he want me to learn how to fight? I know our alpha wasn’t a bad guy that’s why I agreed to it all.

“Ok then, is that it? I'm going out with my brother tonight, If I see Kyle I will tell him to come and see you” and if on cue the door opens and Kyle steps in nervously. “sorry I'm late but I had to drop Sean home.” He said before taking a seat next to me. “That’s fine Kyle, and yes Marissa that will be all for tonight, I wanted to talk to you both separately so you can go now.  Kyle will be out in a couple minutes” I nodded and bowed my head before walking out the door.

Kyle’s POV

I watched as Marissa walked out the room then turned my attention to the alpha. “Ok well Kyle I want you to help me with something. Marissa is a focused girl that has a chance to be someone great. So together we agreed that she will train with the top state fighter for one month 6 hours a week. But I didn’t tell her my plan. When she’s done being trained she will be more than a great fighter and I want to send her off to a program where you compete for the spot of werewolf fighter, there are many great fighters in our pack but seeing the way you two treat Sean, I know she’s a great leader. The program is two years long. they get taught new skills then they fight each other for the title and they get a job as the top werewolf fighter. I didn’t tell her any of that because she would think I was crazy. All she knows right now is that she’s training to fight. I chose her because there’s not a lot of people she can miss other than her brother, you and Sean. She doesn’t have a mate and her and her brother are not that close so there is nothing holding her back. so in one month she will be off to another country to represent our pack in this competition.” I stared at him with wide eyes. what the hell does he think he’s doing?

“What if she doesn’t want to do any of this?” I asked angrily, he’s not giving her a choice and she could find a mate within the next month! “She’s already agreed to it, if she finds a mate and they are happy together then I will leave the choice up to her. But her brother can go and visit every couple of months and so can you and Sean. I'm only trying to do what’s best for her.” he explained. To say I was mad was a understatement. This was not the way to treat people, especially Marissa.

“You’re not to tell her about this or I will kick you and your family out from this pack. you are the only person that knows and that’s because I want you to make her fall in love with combat by the end of the month like you are. The week before she leaves then we will reveal it to everyone” I hate how he has something over on me. I care about my family and I could never do that to them, no matter how much I want to tell Marissa I can’t. alpha John is playing dirty now……

“And relax Kyle, it’s only two years. She will be coming back here, it’ll just make her see a new life” I hated him for treating her like an experiment and pretending it was for her own good. “I’m in love with fighting because it’s what I like to do, I didn’t choose it I just bonded with it. Marissa doesn’t like it and I can’t make her” I spat through my teeth. “Well you better learn how to Kyle, and you can go now. just keep my words in mind” he dismissed me. this man does not deserve an alpha position right now.

I know I’m just getting to know Marissa but I already know she isn’t they kind of person for this. The people who fight and kill others for a title and cold and ruthless, not like her. I got up and stormed out of the room and up the stairs. I saw Marissa’s room open and her curling her hair in the mirror, I couldn’t face her right now. I would feel like I'm betraying her too much. But before I could walk quickly by she saw me “Oh Kyle we’re going out tonight with my brother to the club. You can’t say no because I won’t have any fun without you, plus I know you want too” She said smiling at me.

I forced a smile onto my face, ready to decline her offer but I knew it was true, her and her brother weren’t the greatest together and I didn’t want her to spend her last month here sad. I’ve decided that I'm going to do everything I can to make this last month here the best she’s ever had. “Ok let me get ready then” I sighed and walked in her room. 

“so when are we leaving?” I asked. “In 20 minutes, so go get ready. And don’t worry I wont keep you from getting your girls and drinking” she said with and eye roll while pointing at the door. “trust me I have no plans for that tonight’ I muttered under my breath as I left her room.

I was going to make tonight fun for her not me. she might hate me when she figures it all out, but I'm going to think of her right now and let her have fun and show her a good time. Marissa deserves more than this and it’s sad that this is all I can give her. but I will figure out something else. I won’t let her go like that so easily…..