"Thanks again Noah." I say as I sit on the bottom stair. "I thought this party was going to be fun, and I could enjoy myself. Guess not." I shrug.

He sits down next to me. "Melanie, as much as I respect you and your decisions, I think you should let Hunter explain. Give him a chance to explain some things, and maybe you'll see this situation in a different perspective," he says.

"I don't Noah. He hurt me. Really badly." I said.

"Yeah, he did. But like I said before give him a chance, will you? He asks now turning to me.

I purse my lips.

I don't know, Noah was right. I didn't really have give Hunter a chance to explain. I was just so hurt by him, I didn't want anything to do with him.

He made me feel unworthy, insecure , and used.

I looked back at Noah. "Fine, I'll give him a chance. But to explain only." I say.

He smiles and I pull out my phone.

"Fine, we can talk tomorrow." I text him.

"Thank you, at CeCe's cafe @6? He asks.

I text him the thumbs up emoji, and shut my phone.

"I'm going to find Skyler and Natasha, I want to go home," I say standing up.

Noah stood up after me.

"They told me to drop you off. Natasha's with Mark Anthony, and Skylers, hopefully going to repent tomorrow after all the things I saw her doing today." He says.

I chuckle at his facial expression. It was priceless.

"Well then let's go, I'm ready to head home." I say.

"Yeah, yeah." He says.

We began to walk through the crowd, but almost get separated when a bunch a of partygoers kept getting in the way.

To avoid losing me in the crowd, Noah grabbed my hand and led me outside, but not before I caught the look of confusion on Hunters face.

<><><><><><><><>

"Thanks for the ride Noah I really appreciate it," I say turning to him.

"Hey, don't mention it." He says .

"Thank You for everything else, keeping an eye on me, everything." I say

"No problem. I told Hunter that I would watch after you when he wasn't around. I never broke my promise. And even though you guys aren't together, Melanie, he still cares so much about you." He points out.

I nod my head.

Maybe Hunter might be telling the truth, or something like that after all.

"Noah, tell me this , what does Ryan have to do with all this mess? I ask him.

Noah sighs.

"Lot more than he claims to be innocent about, Mel." Noah said .

"Tell me exactly what Ryan had to do with this please." I say.

He sighs and turns the car off.

"As you know they placed a bet on you. Winner got to ask you out, it wasn't the type of bet you think it was. They needed a fair way to see who got to ask you out. When Hunter won, Ryan was awfully jealous, and decided he was going to send Hunter nasty messages, blackmail him, and try to sabotage you guy's relationship." Noah summed it up for me.

"Hunters feelings a for you are as real as they can be, Mel." Noah says looking at me.

I sat there, in my thoughts.

This whole time, I've been mad at Hunter, and my brain was in the wrong place. It's all Ryan.

I have to see these messages for myself to make sure everything Noah's telling me is true.

Otherwise, I mess everything up again, and end up being mad at the wrong person.

"Thank you so much Noah." I thank him and open the door.

He gives me a small smile.

I walk up to the front door and open it slowly, and quietly, as I try to remain a straight posture. I wasn't completely sober yet.

I go up the stairs, and when I get to my room, I took off my dress, and slipped into my pajamas, and as soon as my head it the pillow, I was knocked out.

<><><><>