Chapter 8 - the Search (part II)

I know it took me too long to upload the new chapter. I feel so bad.. But now that I have the whole summer to myself, I will be updating at least twice every week.

Hope you enjoy the chapter... and once again sorry (._.)

Chapter 8 – the Search (part II)

One after another Aurora was feeling twinges all over her body, causing her to lose grip on the ropes. She jumped off as soon as Peony slowed down. She sat down and waited for the pain to go away with her head between her hands.

As she waited she could not help but recall a day from two years ago when she was in a similar situation.

“It can’t be.” she said, looking back in the direction she came from and then she was struck with another pain.

** ** ** ** **

“Has this ever happened before?” the doctor asked Aurora who was sitting on the side of the road.

“What? The sensation of burning?” She continued sarcastically, “I think I would remember.”

“Wauw, you’re turning into a fine lady.”

“Do I look like I have some clue about what happened old man?”

Moonshade has always been upfront with the doctor, telling him everything there was to tell about himself and also about Aurora. Because of this, when this unusual and clearly spiritual happening took place, the doctor believed that Aurora was just as clueless as himself. Without any knowledge of what might have happened to her back in the woods, he went to look for Moonshade because the fire was expanding and he was getting worried for the boy.

In the same way the doctor had found Aurora, he was also able to sense Moonshade’s presence. However as he went to the direction from which Moonshade’s energy was coming, he realized that he was also getting closer to the fire.

Town people were returning to their homes, after giving up. The last man the doctor saw on his way to Moonshade told him not to go any further, because apparently the fire was spreading too fast. The doctor hastened his steps and now he could feel the smoke burning his eyes and also his throat. A few steps later he could actually feel the heat from the fire.

He was all sweaty and out of breath when he found Moonshade. He was standing perfectly still with fire glowing right behind him. The doctor thought Moonshade was frozen with fear, so he called out to him.

Hearing his name Moonshade lifted his head and saw the doctor.

“What the hell you doin’ here old man? You wanna die?” Moonshade shouted back, smiling. Then he resumed looking at the ground.

Moonshade’s reaction was nothing like what the doctor expected. “Are you out of your mind? Come on, let’s go. Aurora’s waiting for us.”

“Is she okay?” he asked.

“It’s... debatable.” The doctor answered, yelling. The fire was making too much noise and the heat was disturbing the doctor, keeping him from getting close.

“What?” Moonshade asked.

“Get over here you moron!” the doctor yelled.

Moonshade unwillingly left his spot and went to the doctor’s side. The doctor caught him by the earlobe and started dragging him away from the fire. When the fire was behind them and the doctor could breathe regularly, he let go off Moonshade.

“What the hell kid?” He yelled. “What is wrong with you two today?”

“Why? What’s wrong with Aurora?” he asked, worriedly.