"Uh, sure." Jack looks at me unsure of this lady.

"I just wanted to know, are you two a couple?" She asks pointing between the two of us.

"Yes actually we're married." Jack smiles happily grabbing my hand.

"Aww you guys are so cute," She coos.

"Thank you." We both say sort of awkwardly. Then a tall man approaches her looking at us.

"I see you've already made friends while I was gone." He jokes with a with a wave and we wave back.

"I assume he's your husband?" Jack asks smiling at the woman.

"Yep, for twenty years so far." She replies as her husband sits down beside her.

"Wow twenty years, Daniel did you hear that?" I look at them seeing as though I zoned out a bit. "They are our goals." He says making the couple laugh. "What made you guys decide to adopt?" Jack asks. I elbow his side a little but he ignores me.

"Well actually we've been trying to have a kid of our own for a while now," Her husband begins.

"Until I found out I have fertility issues." She finishes sadly.

"I'm so sorry,"

"So now we're trying to adopt." Her husband takes her hand and she leans her head on his shoulder as he kisses her forehead.

"Mr. And Mr.Seavey-Avery?" A voice calls our name making us draw our attention to the door that was now open. A women with long black hair stood there with a clipboard.

"That's us." I say looking at Jack as we both stand.

"Good luck guys!" Bella and her husband wave at us and we wave back to them before disappearing behind the now closed door. We introduce ourselves to the women as she tells us to follow her to Mrs.Rivera's office.

"My stomach is doing acrobatics right now." I whisper to Jack as we follow behind the women to a room. The click of her stilettos was becoming obnoxious.

"We got this." He reassures me.

"Mrs.Rivera," The lady says knocking on a door numbered 304 with Mrs.Rivera's name engraved into a plaque under it.

"Yes," A voice calls out from the other side.

"The Seavey-Avery's are here to see you."

"Send them in."

"Okay," Then the lady turns to us. "Now don't be nervous just treat this how you would treat a job interview. Be polite, professional, and honest got it?" We nod at the lady's words. "Good." Then she walks off and into another room. Just as I reach for the doorknob Jack grabs my wrist.

"Lets do our secret handshake for good luck."

"Jack we don't have time—"

"Just really quick, please?" He pouts jutting out his lower lip making puppy eyes.

"Ugh okay." We try to do the handshake as quick as possible but midway through the dabbing part the door knob jiggles making us straighten up immediately.

"I said send them in," Then the door swings open revealing Mrs.Rivera. We both smile goofily and introduce ourselves shaking her hand before taking a seat in front of her desk. "Alright so lets start with the most basic question." She says before sitting back down behind her desk. "Why do you want to adopt?"

"We've known each other a while and now that we're newlyweds, with our own house, and financial security we felt ready to take this next step in our journey as husbands." I answer giving Jack a loving look which he returns. Mrs.Rivera however remains unreadable behind her desk. She ever so slowly sips from her coffee mug before asking another question.

"How long have you been married?"

"Well he proposed on tour, we had the actual wedding in August, so about four months." Jack answers proudly.

"Happily married I presume?" She asks with a grin and we both nod. "And you say he proposed on tour?" Jack nods. "What are you guy's occupations?"

"We're two out of five singers in the  band Why Don't We." I answer not sure where she was going with this.

"How will you make time for the child? I'm sure in a band you guys will be very busy." Now there's something I didn't think about. We have breaks in between touring, rehearsals, studio time, and occasional interviews.

"We aren't always performing and touring so the child will be able to grow up in a stable home. When we are on the road the child can stay with our parents and depending on where and how far we are going they could come along." Jack answers before me. That was better then any answer I could've gave.

"Hm okay, well I of course want to schedule a meeting." Me and Jack look at each other confused.

"A meeting?" Jack questions. Mrs.Rivera chuckles seemingly not realizing we were genuinely confused.

"It's just a house visit to make sure the child you plan adopting will be in a safe and orderly environment. Now what day is good for you two, say sometime next week?"

"Um, uh, uh," I began to crack. Jack quickly answers for me.

"Next week is perfect, say Tuesday at noon?"

"Tuesday at noon is perfect for me." She smiles. "Well it was nice meeting you two have a great day, and see you next week." We stand and shake her hand before exiting. To say I was nervous for this interview was an understatement now I'm definitely going to lose my mind before the meeting.

♡Author's Note♡

My fave gif of D-Dong lol 😹🖤

Word Count Not Including A/N: 1562

♡Thanks for reading ily♡