.01

The cool water washed away the crimson color, erasing the crime that had so brutally been committed. The warm red runs down my bony fingers and into the porcelain white sink below me. Looking in the mirror, I see some of the blood is splattered and smeared on my face.

That's when the reality of everything sets in.

I scream at my reflection and try wiping the blood off of my face, only making it smear more.

Maybe it isn't too late, I think naively. Of course it's too late but my panicked brain doesn't know that. I do the only thing I can think of doing and call an ambulance.

I can tell the scene is bad just from the reaction of the first paramedic. She gasped and paled when she saw the scene, the second walked in and cursed under his breath.

The next to walk in was an armed police officer. I was handcuffed and pulled outside.

<m>

The trial was quick but far from painless. The judge was brutal and the jury didn't like me the second I walked into the courtroom. My lawyer pushed a story that I was driven by blind rage and insanity, trying to sell them that I somehow didn't cause this. The other lawyer laid out a story of an evil monster, wanting nothing more than to drain the life from his victims and tear them limb from limb.

Both were wrong but I wasn't the salesman, I was merely the product that they were pitching to an eager audience of buyers. The buyers picked the dramatic tale over the sob story and my fate was sealed.

"Ian Carter, I hereby sentence you to life in prison with no opportunity for parole."