Chapter 8: A Dream in Common

Start from the beginning

Megumi sweat dropped. She then thought about asking for the reaction of the most cheerful member of the Special A. If someone could be happy about her situation it was Hikari. Unfortunately, Hikari was no longer being her usual self.

"Hi little bunny! Will you marry too?" Megumi backed off in fear. Hikari's face was odd, with her point like eyes and her long smile directed at Megumi endlessly. "Piun piun!" She yelled with enthusiasm. "Let's throw some rice and celebrate! Little bunnies getting married everywhere!" The information was perhaps, more than what Hikari's brain could handle, and as usual when something she couldn't understand happened, her mind would space out and she would start acting oddly.

"Mom! You need to come! You need to come! Megumi did something horrible!" Megumi's jaw then dropped. Jun had dialed their mother's phone number and was now letting her know about everything that had just happened. Normally, Jun would never do something like this. He would always look for his sister's welfare. Or perhaps he was doing just that because of her welfare. There was no way of telling, but it was surely something unnatural coming from Jun.

"Jun!" She yelled hard, interrupting everyone else and petrifying Kei as usual. Jun calmed down. But he still gave the phone to his sister. Apparently, her mother wanted to speak to her. "...Eh...? Mom...? It's me..." She spoke out softly. Everyone remained in silence and waited. She said nothing for a long time, but her flushed face and the sweat covering her face made it clear her mother was planning something. "...I guess... I do have something to tell you..." And again there was silence. Not even with her family was Megumi good at talking. "...It... does have something to do with Yahiro..." Megumi moved the auricular away from her ear and everyone heard the yell of anxiety coming from her mother. Megumi of course blushed madly. "...It is complicated... I can't say by phone..." She began playing with her skirt nervously. Her mother knew about the proposal, but nothing yet about the marriage. But it was obvious she would soon find it all out. "Tonight?" She yelled. And everyone covered their ears. Megumi then gulped hard. "...Tonight will be fine..." She nodded a few times as if her mother could see her. "...I will speak to him... I'm sure he will be pleased..." She lied nervously. "...Everything is fine... but please, I need to talk with him before you do anything..." And so, she hanged the phone, and a dark aura began surrounding her.

----------

Megumi's problems were something, but there was someone with as much problems or perhaps much more problems than Megumi, and that person was Yahiro. Now officially a member of the Yamamoto family despite few being the people actually knowing his status. At his classroom, however, everything began to go wrong when his professor called his name for attendance only to find out his name was at the bottom of the list and it started with a Y.

"Yamamoto Yahiro? Was there some kind of mistake in the new list?" Yahiro closed his hand into a fist while ignoring the professor and continuing typing at his computer. He was awfully busy as to worry about the details involving his name. He was investing all the money he had in various businesses at the same time, never committing a single mistake, not even once. All his investments where done perfectly. "Isn't Yamamoto the name of that prodigy girl from the Special A?" Until Yahiro's typing then went wrong when hearing that last, and he ended investing half million more into a business that wasn't that valuable.

"...Tsk... of all the business... it had to be that one... I should learn never to invest in tourism..." Yahiro then took his laptop and prepared to leave. The professor, however, had to complain. "This class is too noisy and I have no time to waste, so shut up and mind your own business!" The professor sweat dropped but nodded in agreement. Yahiro then made his way toward the cafeteria, the whole time complaining about his current situation. "Such a waste of my time. I'm repeating the school year anyway. These damn classes mean nothing to me... why did I enter this institution anyway...?" And then he felt his clothes being pulled, and a forehead hitting his back. "Oh yeah... her... the reason of all my problems..." Yahiro mentioned, and then turned around to find a worried sick Megumi. She was gasping for air and her hair was a mess. Apparently, she did an effort to catch up to Yahiro. "...Shouldn't you be at classes...?" The girl moved her head in negation, she could still say noting since she was awfully tired, Yahiro felt a vein popping at his forehead in signal of annoyance, but he quickly took a deep breath and pulled her by the hand and toward the cafeteria.