part twelve

Gabriella's P.O.V.

I stood there in a daze, just staring taking everything that happened in.  Mary looked at Elena then walked over to June and sat down.

"Hey June." She said.

I ran in and jumped on Elena, forgetting what happened to her.

"Oh Elena... I'm so glad you are awake... i..i-I was so worried you wouldn't wake up…" I said now crying.  June pulled me off of Elena whispering she won't remember just by looking.

"Elena…This is Mary and Gabriella…they are ..friends" she said sounding even sadder.

"Hi..um..its..nice to meet you."

We left with June after we all talked for a few.

"Well, this is shit." I said sighing.

"Gabby…" Mary whined.

"What? She doesn't remember her own girlfriend, me! I love her Mary. I don't want her to go through this." I wiped my eyes, sitting down against the wall.

"I…I'm sorry." Mary said, crouching down to look at me in the eyes. June stood there, looking down the hall.

"Gabby, Give her some time. She doesn't remember anyone. But, we won't leave her. I know she'll remember soon enough. We need to think positive on this. She'll recover and remember. I promise you."

"Right think positive." Mary said repeating June.

I looked at them both. "Why aren't you two dating?" I say, smiling a little.

They looked at each other then back at me, eyebrows raised.

"I..Uh…" Mary says standing up.

"Um"

"I'll let you two talk. I'm hungry. I'll swing by later, okay?"

"O-Okay."

I left with them staring at me.

June's POV

I and Mary stared after Gabby long after she had disappeared down the hall, slowing turning to stare at each other.

"So…" I started looking down at my shoes. Way to leave awkwardness in the air Gabby.

"So…" Mary repeated leaning against the wall

"Awkward…" I mumbled not knowing what else to say

"I'll say…" Mary mumbled too

I looked at her.

"So…" she said looking back at me

"Would you like to…?" She started looking down at her feet, then up at me through her eyelashes

I blushed lightly and smiled at her

"Well I am a bit sick of this cat and mouse game to be honest…" I giggled

Elena's POV

I sat on the edge of my supposed bed, looking around the room that was mine. I've been here five days. And it doesn't feel like it should be mine. It feels like it belongs to some stranger and I'm here to take her place. Course I didn't tell that to Lar-…Mom. It feels wrong calling her that… But I can't stand the look on her face when I call her by her name.  It's like being stabbed in the heart. But a million times more painful.

I sighed and laid back on the mattress rubbing the ear on the stuffed bunny.

"Is it sad I wish I was back in the hospital?" I asked the bunny holding it up so I could look into its white-ish grey glass eyes. I sighed when I got no answer and hugged it to my chest kicking off my shoes and curling up on my side drifting off to sleep.