A Cold Night

‪ 11 P.M.
Silas Dengdamor cannot bring himself to sleep. He was too distracted by his mother's words that echoed in his mind:

"You are never going to be a good swordsman, let alone a decent king for Wendimoor"

He knew that, and he was so angry about that. He was angry because, as much effort he put to be a good swordsman, he couldn't succeed no matter what. The fact that he was going to be the next king of the Dengdamors scared him to death. So he couldn't be blamed if he couldn't sleep that night. At one point he decided that he needed to get out of the residence, the walls and the atmosphere were suffocating him. It was a cold night and he repented for not taking a coat before leaving the castle. He walked for kilometers aimlessly, hoping that at least he would feel better with himself, that he wouldn't feel like a loser. Suddenly, he heard someone else near him walking. In that instant he realized where he was, he was in front of the Trosts residence.

"I can't believe it, how is it possible that I'm such an idiot? Not only a disappointment to my mother, now I'm even going to be embarrassed by the enemy or, worse, get killed."

Silas was babbling to himself without a plan to escape freely. There was a figure standing in front of him outside the castle, witch was looking at him intensely. There wasn't any light so it was hard to tell who that person was so, for once in his life, he tried to be brave and spoke to him:

"Who are you, mystery man?"

The man giggled at that without responding. Silas was regretting every choice that led him at this moment. After a minute the man gave him an answer, which left him shock.

"Is that you Silas Dengdamor? Or am I dreaming?"

"Y-yes, that's me. Are you Prince Panto Trost?"

The man nodded, a little smirk was forming in his features.

On the other hand, Silas was shaking internally. They haven't seen each other for years, and now the situation was making him insecure with himself. Again.
Fortunately, Panto knew how to break the ice.

"It's a pleasure to see you again. Last time I broke into your house, now you were about to do the same to reciprocate, weren't you?"
The tone that he used wanted to tell that he was messing with him, like would do a couple of old friend sharing an happy moment.
Yet he didn't take the joke and panicked.

"What? Oh no, absolutely no. I was just—"

"Chill man, I was messing with you" he reassured him with a flirty wink.
Silas blushed at that, and Panto almost laughed out loud for how cute he was in that instant.

"Anyway, I hope that we can organize to meet again in an safer place as soon as possible, if you agree of course."

Silas nodded eagerly and said:

"I would love to."

"Well then, have a good night and meet me at the hut tomorrow night."

"I wish you a good night as well. I can't  wait to see you again."

Once he got back home, he slept wonderfully without any stress coming from his own mind. He felt genuinely happy after a very long time thanks to the charming prince that invited him to spend time with him, free from any form of sadness.

Same thing goes for Panto. He was extremely glad that Silas accepted to go out with him since he couldn't forget about him since that time he met him in the Dengdamor residence. There was something special about him and he cannot wait to find out more.