Chapter VIII: Thankful

Start from the beginning

Still confuse...

Still scared...

But explainations can be saved for later as what they needed to do now was to save the blonde.

~

"Meliodas!" The blonde looks absolutely surprise hearing that voice, feeling that embrace and knowing the person. Yet he immediately grew confuse why would Elizabeth be in his room which is inside the capital of the heavenly realm.

"Elizabeth---" Before he could ask why on earth was she in the heavenly realm, the demon suddenly cupped his cheeks, leaning her face closer as their lips met. His face turned into the deepest shade of red as he quickly push her away.

"Wha---" His heart sank meeting her saphire eyes, they were swollen, tears falling down her cheek like she has been waiting for so long for him to wake up. It was then that he remembered what happened, the ten commandments, they were overwhelmed, the perfect cube and his brother's screams as his conciousness slips away.

"I'm sorry..." He said, feeling guilty, never meaning to hurt her that way. She shook her head, smiling at him despite the tears as she stroke his hair, her lips still trembling.

"It doesn't matter... as long as you're alright." She kissed his forehead this time, far too passionately not even wanting to part from him.

"Damn, I love you so much." She uttered as he chuckled at her statement.

"I love you to." He merely responded although he was still wondering why she was there. The door of the room.suddenly flew open, as Elizabeth quickly distance herself away from the blonde.

Meliodas blinks, green meeting two pairs of red and purple. Before he could even say a thing to his brothers, the two had burst into tears as they flew from the door of his room toward his bed as the blonde screamed. Their wings got cought up in a painful mess yet the two doesn't really care about that anymore... just few hours ago, this man underneath them both was dying, but he was there... in good health, completely healed and finally awake.

Elizabeth smiled at the sight as the two were sobbing like kids as they embrace their older brother. Meliodas had repeatetively apologize but the two refused to let go otherwise, defeated, he lets the two cry to their comfort loving the warmth of the embrace anyway.

The demon later blinks seeing that the youngest had rise from the embrace, eyes all swollen yet he force himself to look at her in the eye. The youngest prince had bowed before her, trembling, now refusing to show how much of a mess he was from seeing his brother in the brink of death.

"Thank you!" He uttered, and it probably took all his pride to utter that. After all, the demon and the goddesses only thinks that thanking or apologizing to eachother would only happen in one's wildest dreams. But just look at this right now, the pride of both clans has been trampled as both their future rulers fell inlove with each other... Everything was about to get far more complicated from there on, yet the brothers and Elizabeth knew that they would face it all...

"If it wasn't for you... Meliodas would have been---" Elizabeth had hushed the prince since then, smiling at him.

"You don't have to thank me... I only did what I could like how you've done your part..."

"I am just as thankful as you are..."

~

"What the fuck Gowther?! Zeno! What's the big idea?! We could have took her down if we fought together!" The gigantic demon had screamed at the two, Gowther merely staring at him calmly as Zeno had glared at him. The bluenette had made a destraction using his illusions and Gowther had used his magic againts the commandments under Zeno's orders.

The tall young demon, had simply glance at the rest of the members of the commandments, some were angry, some were pained and mixxed with confusion.

"We're not entirely sure if she had betrayed us! She could be under control or she might have been trying to infilnetrate the goddesses!" He had reasoned, he to was confused and pained he just couodn't understand why the silverette he loves so much would do such thing.

Galan had laugh, miraculously still alive after Elizabeth nearly cut him into two.

"Wake up... For a year now she's been avoiding huge fights during the war, she who wildly hunts the goddesses down changed..." The green armored demon uttered, lookiny down at Zeno.

"You heard her right? She declared that she loved that pesky prince, she had ordered us not to hurt her, she made an excuse of wanting him to suffer to save him from us.. He had taken her from us, he had change the princess... She betrayed us." Galan uttered, turning his back on the illusionist. Zeno had turned his head on Gowther who shook his head.

"I've checked her memories... they've been secretly meeting for almost a year."

"You're joking..."

"I tell nothing but the truth."