Chapter 14-Plane journey

After that experience, I'm finally out of the cold. Sitting in front of Sam in Sully's plan. I can say he always manages to come and save as at the perfect timing. Nate walks from the back of the plane with a blue towel around his shoulders, he passes one to me before passing another one to Sam.

I wrap the towel around the front, covering my body, hands holding onto the towel tightly as they slowly start to warm up. "That was a close one, huh?" I hear Nate say to Sully, I could agree, we almost died from Nadine's men, I couldn't believe how many were there, it was unbelievable and it wouldn't surprise me if she had more.

"They shot up my goddamned plane, Nate!" Sully replies to Nate, I remove the towel from my body and swung it over my shoulders, revealing the fresh bandage covering my wrist. Sad to say that I managed to get shot, thankfully it didn't enter my wrist, just skimmed the skin but it hurts like a bitch. 

"Are you alright?" I hear Sam ask from beside me, I smile and nod, "I could be worse... I can't deny that this doesn't hurt, this is the first time I've actually been hit with a bullet, pretty unbelievable,"

Even when I accompanied Nate and Sully, sometimes Elena. I've never been shot, injured by a bullet. Normally I would gain injuries from beatings but there is a first for everything. "I don't know what you're talking about? Look---" Sam reaches into his pocket and takes out the coin he had gotten from the test earlier which was almost our last test.

"We're rich," Sam hands over to coin to Sully before he turns to look at me, I shrug my shoulders, "It's better than nothing so far," I announce and Sully agreed before turning to look at Nate and ask about the rest being in Madagascar.

"There was a chamber back there with a giant map of Madagascar on the floor, so... Yeah, it's probably there,"

"I hope it's there, I love traveling but not getting shot at,"I grumble as I cross my arms, it always goes like this. We look in one place, nothing there, send us to another place, nothing there... then we get to the actual treasure and... we come out with hardly anything.

"This is beginning to smell a whole lot like a wild goose, kid," 

"Look, the treasure was never in Scotland, okay?" Nate tells Sully which causes Sam to snap as he gets off his chair, "Then what was the point of all that, huh? Of the Saint Dismas cross?"

"Look. It's like I said, I think Avery was recruiting people," Nate quickly replies to Sam, as I roll my eyes at all this is getting incredibly annoying, why does this always happen?

"Get used to it, of course, it's never going to be in the first place we go, it's never been like that, even you should know that" I stare at Sam, who just turns and glares at me for the comment as Nate jumps back in to finish what he was saying before I spoke.

"The cross was an invitation. The caves were just some sort of... initiation,"

"Oh, so we all passed, huh? Congrats, Victor. We get eye patches and parrots now," Sam says to Sully sarcastically, we all ignore his comment and carried on talking from where we stopped. I remove my legs from the seat some I can now see both Nate and Sully in the front of the plane.

"I don't get it. Why the hell would they go to all that bother just to weed people out?" Sully asks Nate and he quickly answers, "To protect himself," before he turns to look at me and Sam. I stand up from my seat and lean on the way metal frame as I look at Nate. 

"Look, Avery was the most wanted man in the world at that time. He had to enlist people that he could trust in order to keep their treasure secret,"

"Whaddya mean 'their' treasure?" Sam asks as he walks back to the front and sits back down. "Just-- think about this. Thomas Tew was a successful pirate in his own right, What would he possibly stand to gain from joining Avery? I think Avery sent out crosses only to the other wealthy pirates like himself. What if they pooled and hid all their treasure together?"

I look down at the floor, allowing stands from my fringe to fall in front of my face, Nate could be right... that mean that of course they would need to try and hide it better. All the treasure can't be found in a Cathedral in Scotland, that would be ridiculous but can't say it wouldn't make this a lot easier.

"That would make the Gunsway haul look like chump change," Sam says as he stares at the side of the plan, where I originally sat, thinking about what Nate had said, "Exactly," Nate replies, sitting back in his seat properly.

"Ho ho, holy shit. Okay, so where exactly in Madagascar are we going?" Sully asks and I quickly jump in. "King's bay..." I was cut off by Sam, telling  Sully about it being pirate haven when Avery was alive.

"I know it well... It's a big place. Anything more specific?"

"Well, that map chamber completely caved in, so, you know..." Sam shrugs as Nate suddenly start chuckling, "Nate..." I say staring at him as Sam questions his laughing. Nate smiles and turns to face us.

"The people who survived the caves... the recruits. What's the one thing they would've let with?" Nate throws the coin to Sam as he starts staring at it more, once noticing a volcano and Sully announces that there is a volcano near King's bay.

"That's where it must be," I whisper in shock as a smile come across my face, Sully gestures me to sit down, "Which means we need to get to a move on," Sully presses some buttons on the plane before the plane moved to the side, taking us to King's Bay.