Chapter 3-Fifteen Years Later

I look down to my computer, typing quietly as I listen to some soothing music, helping me constate on my work. I now officially work with Elena as a journalist, I don't really like it but I had to do something that can keep this roof over my head.

A few years ago, I finally decided to try and settle down and I almost succeeded, until my ex-fiance decided to go cheat on me with my best friend, so I decided not to bother, I'm not going to get married or have children and that was the one thing I wanted to and it doesn't help that I'm in my forties. 

I yawn as I closed the document, and just as I'm about to shut the computer down, I look at my desktop photo, it's a picture of me, Nate and Sam. Sam and I during that time were in our teenage years and it was around the time when Sam left the orphanage, I smile at the picture, it's the only thing left I have of Sam.

I shut down the computer before putting on my coffee table, I reach for my small cup which is filled with whiskey, I take a sip just as I hear a knock at the door, I look at the clock on my white living room wall to see it's past midnight. Who would be knocking at this time of the night?

I take another sip of my drink before getting up to answer the door, "Hello?" I say once I opened the door, the person at the door is wearing a denim jacket and it's definitely a male, "Are you, Ivory Anderson?" The man questions, I look at the back of his head in confusion before confirming.

The man turns around and I gasp as I look at the guy's features and he resembles my best friend and crush Sam Drake, it couldn't be I saw him die. "Sam?" I ask and he nods, a tear falls down my face only for... Sam to wipe it away.

"H-How?" I ask as I allow him in, Sam turns to look at me as he smiles at me before pulling up his top revealing three bullet scars, "I can't believe your ok," I quickly move forward wrapping my arms around him, which I never thought I'd be able to do this again, I smile as he wraps his arms around me, hugging me close before I pull away.

"Does Nathan know... your here?" I ask as I walk into my kitchen, grabbing another glass, pouring Sam a drink before walking back into the living room, handing Sam the glass as he answers my question. 

"Well, he was the one who told me where you live... I need your help," Sam says, I look at him in confusion, "With what?" I ask, sitting on my black, leather sofa as I watch Sam pace in my room. "Ever heard of a man Hector Alázar?" 

"Unfortunately yes, he was one of the guys, my father would get drugs off, Why?" I ask as Sam takes a sip of his drink before placing it on my coffee table. He walks over to me, grabbing my hands and pulled me up so I'm standing in front of him.

"He was my cell mate and he's the one that got me out of prison, he wants me to find Avery's treasure and I have less than three months to find," I look down to the floor as Sam tells me, "Nathan is going to help as well," 

Nate's going to help? I bet Elena doesn't know. The two of them gotten married a long time ago and they've been through a lot from searching for treasure so they decided to retire. I've retired too, I've just had enough of putting my life at risk.

"Sam... I'm sorry... I can't, I don't do this anymore, I retired a long time ago, so had Nate," I held onto his hand tightly as I tell him I just don't want to do it anymore, had enough of almost getting killed.

"Ivory... Please... I need you," Sam begged, ever since we became friends I hardly ever hear him beg for help, he's always independent and when he begs I just find it hard to say no. "Ok, ok fine. I'll help,"

"Thank you," Sam says as he pulls me into a hug. "I've missed you, you know," I tell Sam and he smiles and kisses my forehead, tighting his hold on my waist, hugging me tighter. In my entire life I've never felt so happy he's alive.