Chapter 10-The Search

" I really hope that's the last of them," I say as we finally get to the Cathedral. We had to use stealth to get to the Cathedral, there were so many guys. A lot more than I had expected and more than I ever want to fight against but I know the further we get to the treasure, the more guys there are.

"Yeah, now that's not going to happen," I hear Nate reply, which I know is true. I walk towards the door in front of the Cathedral and looked to see we are able to open it and get through but I'm definitely not strong enough to do it.

"Hey, boys come here and open the door," I tell the two, the two turned and looked at me, I point towards the door and moved out of the way so the two could open it, "Yes, m'am," I hear Sam whisper to himself, I smirk and nudge him towards the door.

The two get down opening the door, half way before ordering me to get through and help keep it open, I crawl through and held the door so Sam could get through before he assisted me to keep the door open for Nate to get through.

"Come on!" I demand Nate, I hold my breath as I hold the door up with all my strength, I look down to see Nate had completely got through, I look over to Sam and nodded, we both carefully lowered the door, thankfully we closed it without making any kind of loud noise to catch any of Rafe's men's attention, just in case they are in here.

"And we're here," I hear Nate say, I turn around to see that we are in fact here at the Cathedral. You could definitely tell that this is an incredibly old building, the walls crumbling, parts of the building are gone, the colour of the bricks are slowly disappearing.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by Sam calling us over, I walk over to see the two standing in front of a grave which looks to see it's like off the scroll, I raise an eyebrow at Nate and Sam as I ask.

"If this is the same... why are the dates wrong?"

"Because we need to find the right grave with the same detail but the dates 1659 to 1699," Nate replies and I look around to see there are a couple of graves the same, some of them seem to look exactly the same but some have some details changed or don't have them.

I walk towards one of the graves and looked at it, "It has the swords but now skull and... the wrong dates," I say to myself after I wiped the snow off the dates. "You know, talking to yourself is a sign you're going crazy,"

I roll my eyes and turn away from the grave to look at Sam, "Aren't you supposed to be helping to the... grave?" I ask and Sam just answers with a shrug, causing me to shake my head, "And I'm totally blaming me 'going crazy' on you," 

"What? what have I done?" He asks with a playful voice as he places his hands onto my waist as he smirks down at me, "Well after you've been stuck with Sam Drake for numerous years, it starts to affect your head," 

Sam chuckles at my statement before smiling down at me, I gasp as he pulls me closer and pressing his lips onto mine. I quickly respond, kissing him back even though it was extremely short. I move away from him and smile at him.

"Come on, let's go and find this grave," I say to Sam just before Nate calls us over telling us he had found the grave with the two swords, the skull, and the correct dates. "What, did you find it?" Sam asks as I walk beside him as we both walk towards the grave which Nate is standing in front of.

I look at the grave to see everything is correct, it has the swords, the skull, and the correct date with the name at the bottom, "Benjamin Bridgeman," Nate announces, Sam chuckles and announces he was Avery's alias.

"Something odd about this skull though," Nate tells us as places his hand on the skull, properly hoping that something would happen, "It's like it doesn't belong to the stone,"

"It does look out of place," I say as I stare at the skull whilst Sam always says, "Well, yeah, what's odd about it is... that's not Avery's sigil,"

"Oh, yeah... I mean, the skull should be facing--" Nate starts to say, we all look towards each other and said the answer together, "Sideways," I watch as Nate grabs onto the skull and it the right, mechanisms could be hear from below suddenly right behind the grave stairs start to come into view, which would take us under the graveyard.

I gasp in shock, I couldn't believe we actually found it and Rafe had been looking for it for such a long time as well. "You two ready for this?" Nate asks and I nod, "Definitely," I reply before turning to Sam.

"Oh, I've been ready for a long time," Sam says as he slowly gets into the hole, I look over to Nate and he gestures me to go next, I sit down on the side before letting myself drop onto the top of the staircase.

I follow Sam and Nate down into the room, which turned out to be a crypt, which went even deeper under the graveyard. This place did really have a creepy feeling, especially on the next floor which the ground is covered in fog, making even creepier.

"Whoa, the gang's all here," Nate says as we walk towards three statues which are of Jesus on the cross which is gold, Dismas is silver on Jesus' left and the Gestas is bronze and on the right.

"Avery sure had a thing for Saint Dismas, huh?" Nate says to Sam, I move away and carry on looking at the three statue's whilst the boys talked about Avery's thing about Saint Dismas, I look to the left to see the arch, I leave the boys to find something behind the actual statues and a door behind me.

"Some kind of lamp," I jump once I hear Nate from behind me, I nudge him away, telling him not to sneak up on me which only made him laugh before calling over Sam, "Hey, smokey-- Need your lighter over here,"

I chuckle at the name, "You know, that hurts my feelings," Sam replies as he walks towards us whilst Nate gives another comment on how it hurts his lungs. "Thank you, Father Duffy," Sam replies as he reaches up to light the lamp.

Suddenly all the wall light up, I couldn't believe my eyes. I feel a hand on my shoulder and walk me backward and I knew it was Sam, "That's amazing," I say in awe before something could be heard behind us and we all knew there is a puzzle that needs to be solved and we all know Nate is good at those so Sam and I allowed him to get on with it.

I watch as the lights off each statue connect the dots on the wall and soon found out the lights created Libra, the scales of justice. I look down to the wall to see a little part of the door also lit up blue. I carefully grab onto it and start turning it, hoping it would open what ever is behind here.

And it's definitely not what I had expected, a view of the outside. I look in confusion, What even is this? I think to myself as I look through to see four circles, three are covering three crosses the same as on the scroll and the grave and another one circled over some kind of cave.

"I think Avery's trying to tell us where to go next," Nate announces, I smile and walk away not without turning back to the two guys. "Well... let's go," I say and slowly walked a head. Hoping this will save Sam.