Chapter 18

Brendon's POV
11:23am

Today I found out that Teresa has stage 4 terminal brain cancer. There is no cure and she's going to die. She starts to cry on my jacket and I just hold her head and start crying with her. I don't want her to have to go through this. It's not fair. She's too amazing to have to go through this. Why? Why does this have to happen to her? To us? I love her and I want her to know that but every time I try and tell her, I choke up. I can't live without her.

When we get back to the tour bus, we inform the band about Teresa's condition and we decide to cancel the rest of the tour. Teresa will soon not be able to continue doing the intense work that it takes to go on stage a perform and the doctor also informed us that she will be too weak to walk once the cancer progresses. This is going to be a tough battle and I hate to say it but the cancer will win. Teresa had already said that she doesn't want to go through surgery or chemotherapy or radiation. She just wants to let the cancer consume her. I know that's not what she really wants. She wants to fight it. I can tell.

Later that night I sat down with Teresa and asked her what she really wanted.
"I want to live. I want to be with you. I can't just not try and fight it. I want to beat cancer. I don't care if it's terminal. I'm still going to fight. When I said I just wanted to let the cancer consume me I was lying. I was trying to be tough but that's not tough, that's me giving up and I will not do that." She says crying. I embrace her in my arms and hold her until she falls asleep. I kiss her head and as I'm laying her down she wakes up, grabs my face and kisses me hard. I kiss her back just as hard and one thing leads to another. I'm not gonna talk about it but you can probably guess what happens.

When we are done, I look her straight in the eyes and I tell her I love her and that I always will. She kisses me and I kiss her back and she says "I love you too" and that was the happiest I've ever felt. I love her so much.

The next morning we all get up and Teresa looks like a mess but I'm not going to tell her that because that's rude. She has dark circles because she stayed up crying all night and her hair was a mess and she had stains on her shirt because she ate whenever she wasn't crying and it so sad to see her like this. I don't want her to go through this alone.
"Teresa can I talk to you?" I ask her as I stand up and walk towards the door to my room which is guess now our room. When we get in there I put my hands on her shoulders and I look her straight in the eyes.
"Teresa, you are not alone. I'm here for you. I don't ever want you to think that you are going through this alone. I love you with all my heart and I promise you I'm never going to leave your side." Her eyes began to tear up. Her green eyes turn into a dark sea when she cries. I pull her closer to me and kiss her head and I just let her cry.

Today is the day we tell her parents about her illness. I haven't met her parents yet but she talks about them all the time. I think they are very nice just by how she talks about them.

7:36pm

Teresa's parents are supposed to fly in tomorrow. We have made plans to go to lunch. I'm nervous about meeting them. I wonder what they are gonna think about me. I hope they don't hate me.

11:15am

Her parents are finally here! She runs up and greets them as we meet them by the bag check and as she is hugging I wait for her to introduce me.
"Mom, dad, this is my boyfriend, Brendon." She says grabbing my hand tightly. Her palms are sweaty. "Brendon, this is my mom and my dad." She says motioning towards them. I shake their hands and so far they don't seem to have an opinion about me. Once we get their bags loaded in the car, we all pile in and drive to lunch. We decided to eat at Chili's because Teresa and I wanted quesadillas and so did her parents.
"So how are you two doing?" Her mom asks me.
"I'm doing great. I love spending time with your daughter. She's amazing." I say as I feel my face turning bright red.
"I'm glad you think so Brendon. I can tell she really likes you." Her mom says. I look over at Teresa and her face turns bright red. She always looks super cute when that happens.

Lunch is over and we drop her parents off at a hotel for the day and Teresa and I head back to the tour bus. Teresas parents handled the news quite well. They new a history of cancer ran in the family and they were told at her last doctors appointment that it was very likely she would develop cancer. They were upset but they know she is a fighter and that she will beat this.

Later that night

Teresa and I curl up on the couch together and I stroke her back while she slowly drifts off to sleep. The guys are out at the bar drinking and when they come back they are extremely loud and it wakes Teresa up.

"What the hell?" I scream. "You guys need to keep it down next time you come back from drinking. Teresa was sleeping. She's sick and she needs to rest." I look at Teresa and she can barely keep her eyes open. I pick her up and carry her to our bed. I quickly shower and brush my teeth and then I crawl into bed wit her and I go on my phone. My social media accounts are blowing up. Everyone is concerned about Teresa. I manage to screenshot most of the comments and then I ended up falling asleep. I'll just have to show her in the morning.