Chapter 17: You're more of a liar than I am

I was woken to the sound of the bedroom door being bashed open. Startled, we turn to see who it is that has broke into our home, and I am shocked by what I see. Ollie, my big brother, is stood in the doorway of our bedroom, glaring daggers at Nathan.
"Ollie?" I shout, but he does not hear me, he is too busy getting to Nathan, where he drags him out of the bed, in just his boxers. Thank God he put them on. I leap out of bed, and when Ollie sees that I am only wearing Nathan's thankfully oversized t-shirt and that Nathan is just in his boxers, they begin running around the room, Ollie trying to beat Nathan to death. Even though Nathan could never be hurt by Ollie, he still looks as scared as hell.
I stand there, not knowing what to do when Nathan trips, landing on the floor. I run over to him just before Ollie can hit him and lie on top of him, my arms sprawled out over his shaking body.
"Move Lily," Ollie warns but I don't, I shake my head, praying to God that this plan works. he is so angry, he called me Lily for God's sake. Even in the darkness, he sees my gesture, but he doesn't move.
"No, Ollie I love him, don't hurt him," I say and watch as his expression changes, but I'm not sure what he is thinking.
"You love him? How long have you known him? A week?"
"No, I have known him for two months and I love him Ollie now get out of our way, you can't just barge into our house and go to punch him," I argue, pushing him backwards, knowing he will just let me and that he he won't hurt me.
Then, when I am pushing him, he looks at my face, closely an when he notices the broozing, and the cuts on my lip, I am shoved out of the way and Ollie's fist connects with Nathan's face.
"I'LL KILL YOU!" He screams as he tries to punch him again but Nathan moves.
"I didn't hurt her! I would never hurt her! I DIDN'T DO THAT!" Nathan screams back and I run over and push Ollie away.
"He didn't do this to me!"
"Who did then?"
"His name was James, right now he is in hospital for a broken jaw, nose and all broken ribs as well as excessive bleeding," Nathan explains, holding his nose. Ollie does not look impressed, instead he turns to me, angry.
"How dare you move in with someone you barely know and not tell me." I shake my head, crossing my arms.
"You can't tell me how to live my life Ollie and you can't make me run every decision I make by you," I argue and watch as he looks hurt.
"I'm not telling you how to live your life, I am looking out for you, I'm trying to stop you making mistakes that you'll regret," he shout.
"I need to make mistakes Ollie! I need to make them and learn from them! I'm not a little girl anymore, I can make my own decisions for my own life," I retaliate as he holds the back of his head.
"And why didn't you tell me about him? Why did I have to walk in on the two of you in bed to find out?" He screams but this makes me angry. Granted, that wasn't the best way for him to find out, but he was the one that barged in!
"You broke into our place! You barged into our room! You wouldn't have seen anything if you had knocked like a normal person! I would have told you but you didn't give me chance!" I shout back as he looks disgusted.
"I had no choice! And tell him to put some clothes on for Christ's sake!" he shouts and Nathan hurriedly runs into our room.
"Bullshit! You had a choice! Stop being a hypocrite!" I scream and realise what I am doing. He looks confused.
"How am I a hypocrite?" He shouts back.
"I know about you and Steph! How dare you barge in here, punch my boyfriend and lecture me on keeping my relationship with him a secret when you have done EXACTLY THE SAME THING WITH STEPH!" I scream and he realises, looking taken aback for a second before.
"That's different, you're my ittle sister! I deserve to know if you have a boyfriend before I walk in on you both clotheless!"
"You're my big brother and you're going out with my best friend! How the hell is that fucking different?" He glares at me, acknowledgeing my cursing.
"Don't swear at me Lily, the only reason I didn't tell you about Steph was because I didn't know how you would react, I was trying to do what was best and that is exactly what I am doing now," he protests and I feel like a child by being told off for swearing.
"Ollie, I am not a child. I am an adult now so I can swear if I want to. The only reason I didn't tell you about Nathan was because I didn't want you to go crazy and end up doing something that would hurt both of us, but it's too late now," I end, walking away into the bedroom to Nathan.
"Don't make this my fault," he continues.
"How is it not your fault? You broke into my house and shouted at me for having a relationship. You treated me like a child when all I did was live my life the way I wanted to. You tried to make me feel guilty for keeping my realtionship with someone a secret when you went out with my best friend behind my back. You punched my boyfriend for no reason, when all he has done is be there for me. Let me know how any of that is my fault when you think of it, let me know, but right now I am going back to bed, the sofa is yours if you want it, oh wait, no you'll probably be staying with Steph," I say bitterly before walking away from him, slamming the bedroom door shut. I see Nathan, lying on the bed, his arms open, ready for me.
"I'm so sorry," I whisper, checking his face for any marks, but there are none, instead, there is his reassuring smile.
"It's not your fault, it's okay," he answers, wrapping his arms around me and holding me. I get under the covers, curling up into him.
"You need to sort things out with your brother, he was protecting you," Nathan reasons but I sit up, angry he has sided against me.
"What? You're on his side?"
"I'm saying that if I was your older brother, thank God I'm not, and I had found out you were living with a boy I didn't know, and then found you in bed with him wearing next to no clothes, I would have reacted the same way as he did. He was being a big brother and no matter what age you are you will always be his little sister, he will always want to protect you," he finishes and I realise that even though Ollie was wrong to do what he did, he was trying to look out for me and I was too blind to see it through my anger. I nod to Nathan, pressing my lips onto his gently, before pulling on a pair of leggings and walking back out of the room.