You must bear to speak his name~

Severus lay Harry on a hospital bed and let Poppy Pomfrey take care of him. He was shocked. How could he have been so blind as to have let Lily's son be in a situation such as the one that he had been in? Severus stormed up to Albus' office, his lips pursed and his eyes wide. He walked with purpose and once he arrived he muttered the password. The door flew open and Dumbledore turned around to look at him, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Hello, Severus. Do take a seat." Albus motioned towards a chair but Severus ignored it. He knew what he needed to do - what Lily would want him to do. Nervously, Severus took a deep breath in before he spoke.

"I found him in a fatal condition. He was tied up in a cupboard bleeding from his stomach, Dumbledore. It is clear to me that he was being abused by his family. I care not if this puts me in grave danger, Dumbledore, or if it reveals my secret. I am going to adopt Lily's son!" Severus said in the heat of the moment. He paled slightly, thinking about all the parenting skills that he did not have. But this would be what Lily would want, right?

"For that to happen, Severus, you will need to be able to bear to speak his name," Albus said calmly. Severus sighed and sat down, putting his head in his hands. What Albus was saying was true - he would need to learn to speak his name. But what if he changed it? "But if what you say is true, he will need to stay in Hogwarts. It's the only other place he is safe, Severus."

"Other place? You still think he was safe there? After all he has been through?" Severus said, livid. It was Albus' turn to sigh this time. Albus stood up, putting his hands behind his back and turning around.

"You don't know for sure, Severus. It may not have been his family." Severus rolled his eyes. Of course he bloody well knew! Without saying another word, Severus left to go check on Harry and write an owl to the ministry telling them of Harry's situation and asking for a trial to take place. He needed to become Harry's adopted father.

Once Severus was done, he sat down and asked Poppy Pomfrey when Harry would wake up. Poppy proclaimed that he could wake up in an hour or so. Severus nodded. He would need to talk to Harry about living arrangements and ask him if he would like to stay with him. There was no way he could be harsh on him anymore after what Severus had seen; He deserved to be loved and cherished. 

So he waited for the son of the love of his life and school bully to awaken so he could do something he'd never have dreamed of doing in the entirety of his life. What was he getting himself into?