✩ chapter III, act II ✩

Start from the beginning

Halfdan, Harald, and Helga fidgeted behind the frontal trio.

"I'm sorry, did you speak to me? I was not aware that Christian bitches could speak my language." She snarled, being pushed out of the hall by the guards.

She simply allowed them to push her, her eyes gleaming with the wonders she would do to the traitor once she got her hands on him.

"Ivar, you don't have to kill me. Because you can have this."

For some reason, the thought of laying with such girl now made him sick. He had to contain his need to scowl at the girl.

"Nero already has this," he smiled, motioning to himself. The boy had grown on the idea of him and the girl together. Who wouldn't?

His feelings for her were always there, the pile of branches and twigs was there, simply waiting to be drowned in fire. But was it crazy of him to think that she would never want a cripple? Of course not, nothing is crazy for Ivar.

 But was it crazy of him to think that she would never want a cripple? Of course not, nothing is crazy for Ivar

In the dungeon, Floki looked at Helga and Nero leaned against the wall. Hvitserk played with the chains around his wrists in such boredom that his eyebrows furrowed in concentration, she smiled at the sight, he looked up at her, sitting across from him, she gave him the finger, and he bit at the air, making her giggle.

Halfdan was completely done with the whole situation, and in all honesty, so was Nero, but the thought of vengeance made her hopeful, and the boy in front of her made her occupy her head with something else besides the fact that they were locked up.

"This is an interesting place you've brought us to," Harald mused, looking at Björn and finally breaking the insupportable silence.

"I hope it's not the last place on earth I see." Halfdan mumbled continuing on with the conversation as Hvitserk looked up, his eyes filled with panic at the thought, but when he looked at the smiling girl, who had her head against the wall and her eyes closed, his fears disappeared, "Why aren't you talking? Could it be because you know you've made a bad judgment?"

"Let him think, Halfdan, at some point, the guards will have to come to feed us, and when they do, I will tear them apart," Nero explained, her eyes not once opening during her sentence, Harald laughed at the wolf, loving her hopefulness.

Just as soon as she finished her sentence, Christians came in the cell, she jumped to her feet, looking at them lovingly, as two guards undid Björn's chains. One grabbed her chin, pulling her to him as she bared her teeth at him, he said something to his colleagues and they laughed, he pushed her onto the floor and she groaned in annoyance.

"Do not disappoint us, Ironside," Harald warned the wolf couldn't help but agree.

Hvitserk looked ready to wipe out Christianity, she looked at him with a weak smile, and he mouthed to her, "I won't share."

Time went by incredibly slowly. Halfdan and Nero spent their time throwing small rocks at each other. Both inpatient, both pissed. Hvitserk toyed with his chains. Floki and Helga looked into each other's eyes. Harald looked at the wall.

But, the guards soon came, they entered and with a tight grip on each of the prisoners, they guided the Vikings towards their boats.

Nero scoffed, her eyes squinting at the sunlight as she noticed her weapons into the pile, she grabbed them carefully, not trusting the Christians. She saw a sword being removed from the pile and a faint grunt as one man fell to the floor.

Turning around, Hvitserk had blood on his blade and the man who had a hold of her face was lying dead. She stood up and turned towards him, "So... we won't share?"

"No," he grunted, but soon his features softened and he enjoyed the thrill of his kill, with a smile, he dropped his sword and hugged the girl's waist, lifting her off the ground before pecking her lips many times.

"Are you two coming?" Björn questioned, a hint of amusement in his face as most of the boats had already sailed, he threw her over his shoulder and rushed inside the ship, laughing while she giggled, when the boat finally left shore, he put her down.

"What was that for?" she mused, her hands lacing around his neck as an amused smile played on her lips. Before he could answer, her eyes trailed to Rollo, who sat at the boat's gunwale, freely, "What in Hel?"

She stalked dangerously to him but was stopped by her father, who just looked at her, the annoyance and hatred in her eyes reflecting on his.

"I can't believe I'm sailing with this bastard. Ragnar would be embarrassed. I will have to die in battle for sure after this, or else the gods won't allow me to repent. Or will his god forgive me? Huh? The carpenter? Did you see his queen? Oh, Odin, he is probably laughing in Valhalla, I barely understand how he is supposed to fight in those clothes. Traitor, the gods will hate us after this, you are lucky I love you Björn, if I wasn't to give my life for—"

"For the gods Hvitserk, please make the girl shut up," Björn begged, growing annoyed at the wolf's rambling but knowing that she wasn't there to know of Rollo's punishment.

Without thinking twice, he pulled her close before flipping them around. The girl had been standing near to the side of the boat, where he moved to sit when she began talking.

He pulled her up so she could sit on the boat's gunwale before standing in between her legs. Her mouth quickly shut at his actions. Thankfully, no one paid much attention because they were all watching the traitor drown.

"Please don't," she begged, they had joked about throwing each other off the ship before, but she didn't think he actually would. He smiled at her innocently, and she knew he was about to push her, she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around her neck, every part of her body touched his, "I hate you for this."

"That was low," he murmured, his breath fanning her ear as his hands moved to her ass lifting her and pulling her away from the side of the boat, she hummed appreciatively at his actions, but before she could even enjoy the moment, he put her down, leaning to whisper in her ear, "I was not going to push you off the boat."

She scoffed, "Oh, really? What else was I supposed to think?"

He shrugged his shoulders, a smirk on his face that made her smile, "Can't have you wet now, can we?"