Chapter 1: The end of the beggining.

Authors POV

" It's such a shame" PC Twain says with a hint of sadness in his voice, as he looks at the scene before him.

The limp lifeless body of a woman with a blank expression in her eyes, yet her face is imprinted with terror was lying at his feet.

" Yes, I agree. Right well then we better get to work, can you check her pockets please?" PC Banks says bossily pushing her warm red hair out of her eyes to see more clearly.

PC Twain nods his head and crouches down onto his hands and knees just metres away from her face.

PC Twain casually moves the woman's head to one side to inspect her cause of death.

"Right, I can clearly see bruises on her neck which shows signs of a struggle, my guess is she has died of strangulation." he says with an uninterested tone.

PC Banks looks at the body and meets the eyes the colour of coffee staring it hers boringly belonging to PC Twain.

" Well... Yes, I have to agree with you on that one" she agrees noting it down into her black notebook.

" Well I better check her pockets to see if we can find out who she is" PC Twain says reaching the woman's leather jacket and zipping the pockets open. As he does this he finds a mobile phone, an ID card and some loose change.

He looks at the ID card casually and says " Her name is Ruby Evans, she is 23 years old and she is a college student"

PC Banks strolls over to have a look, she notices the small picture at the upper left of the card. The picture shows a once happy girl with long blonde hair and piercing blue eyes, she is smirking making her look mysterious and secretive.

" She was so beautiful, it's so sad" PC Banks exclaims with a melancholic tone.

"Mmm hmm" PC Twain says with a monotone, almost bored by the whole situation. He had seen it all before, all the deaths, the blood shed, the way their bodies were frozen. He realised he cannot get attached with them or the immense feeling of sadness. It was not his fault that they were murdered, so he stopped feeling guilty for crimes he did not commit and got on with life.

PC Banks puts her hands on her hips and speaks confidently " Lets go find the FUCKER who did this to the innocent girl."

They both walk away from the scene

determined to find the evidence and the clues needed to uncover the mystery of her death.