1.0

I was never one to believe in 'bad luck' I was always a believer in destiny. 'Whatever is meant to be will happen.' So when I met Bella Stone, I believed it was fate. We were destined to be the best of friends. But what I didn't realise at the time was that Bella had also brought darkness along with her.

The last time I saw the other Stone sibling, I was at a college party. I was only in my first year and decided to join a bunch of other friends. I was always a lightweight drinker, so after a couple of shots, dancing and getting groped, I decided to call it a night and went to catch a cab. Walking towards the long empty road, I felt a domineering presence behind me. Of course being my dumb self, I turned. What I wasn't expecting, was for my eyes to land on a pair of familiar, emotionless, gun metal eyes. My breath hitched.

He was back!

He was dressed in all black. Ripped black jeans, black shoes and his statement leather jacket. He had grown from when I last saw him. And got much more muscular too. His face was still as beautiful as ever. But his eyes ruined it. The emotionless, grey orbs that stared back at me wasn't from the same boy that I knew. He was different. He was dark. He was angry. He was dangerous.

My mouth kept opening up like a fish, stumbling to get at least one word out. My heart was racing, pounding against my rib cage so hard that I could hear it in my ears. My eyes were open as wide as saucers and I was struggling to breathe. Those eyes still remained focused on me. He stepped forwards, I stepped back. I was shaking now. Trying to maintain the distance between us. Wanting to be close to him. But not too close, for this man, was dangerous to my very being. But as I kept moving blindly backwards, my back collided with the tree and I braced myself for the impact, but it never came.

Instead he raised his arms putting them on either side of me. And leaned closer till I was trapped. I inhaled and I got the whiff of his perfume, musky and manly, just like him. Comfort washed over my body. But my mind knew this wasn't the same person I used to know. As he leaned closer I could feel his breath tickling my forehead, and I could still feel his eyes on me.

And within those 5 seconds of him standing so close to me, he never felt so further away. Because within those 5 seconds he whispered the words of my secrets, that would soon become the death of me.

"I know what you did last summer."

****

Authors Note:
Hey guys I'm finally going to start this book, so please give me feed back on what you think, the first couple of chapters are going to be intense, and dark but I promise there will be at least one happy ending. 😚

Please vote, and comment ur opinions.

Thank you
Nadia