Valentines Day | Marichat

Marinette Dupain-Cheng stood on her balcony, looking at the horizon. The sun was setting, and if Marinette had a valentine, it would indeed be very romantic.

Alas, Marinette did not have a valentine today. She'd tried to ask Adrien, but she'd stuttered too much, and mumbled up everything as the bell rang.

And Adrien had a photo shoot he couldn't miss, so he had to leave immediately.

Oh yeah, Marinette was definitely feeling lucky today. The luck of her alter ego definitely did not transfer to Marinette.

"Something wrong?" A male voice called. Marinette turned and there was Chat Noir, sitting on her railing in a cat-like way.

"Chat Noir? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Ladybug?" Marinette asked, pretending that she thought Ladybug was out there somewhere.

"I wish. Ladybug didn't show up to patrol today, so I never got to ask her." Chat Noir sighed and he ran his gloved hand through his hair.

Marinette cursed herself silently. She'd been so busy moping over Adrien she'd forgotten patrol! And Chat Noir!

"Oh, that's too bad." Marinette replied, sincerely.

"Yeah. I bought her some chocolates too. I guess more for myself, huh?" Chat Noir tried to laugh it off, but Marinette could tell he was hurt.

"Maybe she's busy today. After all, maybe she already had a valentine." Marinette offered.

"I'd honestly rather would've just been told no than her being with someone else." He sighed, upset.

"You really love her, huh?" She asked, curiously.

"More than anything in the entire world." A dreamily smile grew on Chat Noir's face.

"What about you? You have a valentine?" He asked, trying to change the subject.

"Me? No." Marinette laughed awkwardly.

"Did you ask anyone?" He pushed.

"I tried to, but I got so nervous I couldn't say a single word." Marinette groaned at the memory.

"I guess we both got rejected, huh?" Chat Noir said as he gazed into Marinette's eyes.

"Yeah." She agreed, staring into Chat's green eyes.

Chat Noir grinned, suddenly and leapt off the railing onto her balcony. He grabbed Marinette's hand and pressed his lips to it.

"Well then, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Will you be my valentine?" Chat Noir asked, with a smirk on his face.

Marinette felt herself blushing. "W-why not." She stuttered.

Chat Noir's smirk grew and he handed her the box of chocolates that were supposed to be for Ladybug in a deep bow.

"For you Princess." He winked.

"What, no flowers?" She joked and Chat Noir laughed.

"No, that's over at the date spot." Chat grinned and picked her up, bridal style. Marinette smiled and hung on as he carried her across the rooftops.

He set her down and she felt the solidness under her feet.

She realized she was on the same balcony she had been for the Glaciator incident, the candles all beautifully lit up in the light.

Marinette covered her mouth as she realized that'd he'd set this up for Ladybug so she could enjoy it this time.

Now she felt even worse about not showing up as Ladybug.

"So what's your plan?" Marinette asked as she turned to face Chat Noir. She blushed a light red as Chat Noir offered her a beautiful pink rose.

She took it, happily and smiled to herself.

"I hope you like pizza, because that's what's I got." Chat Noir admitted as he pulled out a pizza he'd bought.

Marinette laughed. "Who doesn't like pizza?" Chat Noir laughed too.

They enjoyed the pizza, and Marinette had to admit that Chat was very good at keeping conversations going.

He mostly asked about her family, and she couldn't help but notice his smile was a little sad every time she talked about it,

"Chat, I've noticed that when I talk about my family, you get upset. Are you alright?" Marinette asked, concerned.

"Uh, yeah. Just fine," Chat Noir cleared his throat.

"Chat, I can tell you're lying." Marinette confessed quietly.

Chat Noir cleared his throat. "It's nothing really, I just like hearing about other people's families." Chat Noir answered, but Marinette could tell he was still lying.

"There's more too this." She prodded.

"My father is never around, my mom is missing, and my dad's idea of bonding is making a strict schedule for me to follow. I like hearing about other families because mine kinda sucks," Chat Noir cracked.

He'd really hoped he could've talked to Ladybug about this. But Marinette was his third choice (Nino being his second)

"Oh Chat." Marinette gasped and instantly pulled him into a hug.

"We have scheduled dinners Marinette," Chat whispered, "and he never even shows up to those."

Marinette couldn't believe the seemingly careless Chat Noir was actually such a sensitive kitten with family problems.

She did the only thing she could think of.

Kiss him.

Marinette kissed him and to her surprise, he kissed back.

Marinette was blushing a light red, but Chat Noir was looking like a tomato.

"Chat, talk to your father. Trust me. If you use the right words at the right time, I'm sure you can work things out."

"Thanks Marinette." Chat Noir smiled sadly.

"I better get you home. It's really late." Chat Noir sighed as he stood up and stared blowing out the candles. Once he was finished, he scooped up Marinette and carried her home.

He dropped her off on her balcony and gave her his signature grin.

"Bye Princess, and thanks for the night." Chat Noir kissed her hand before vanishing into the night.

"Crap," Marinette muttered, "I really like him."