Chapter 1

Was he really looking at me? Mitch wondered as he tried to peek at the dark-haired man by the bar's counter. The man was lean and had a pretty face — exactly Mitch's type. The young man he was thinking about was currently talking to a man who'd just offered to buy him a drink.

Mitch's face fell.

Well, there goes my chance. He thought with a sigh. He looked down at the glass of beer in his hands, wondering why he'd bothered to come out. He was a socially awkward person and rarely got the opportunity to talk to anyone. When someone did approach him, he messed up one thing or the other, and the person left with one excuse or the other. The few times he was able to snag a person for a quick funk, they'd be loud quick, and desperate to get it on with.

Mitch let out a long sigh, taking a gulp of beer from the cup in his hand before resting his head on the table. So much for going out to distress. he thought as he listened to the bar music and the voice of the men within it talking to each other. The place smelled of food, alcohol, and sex. Everyone was here to pick someone up for a good time, but everyone seemed successful with their endeavors except Mitch.

"Hey." Mitch could swear that he'd imagined the soft voice by his ear, but he looked up, backing up in shock when he came face to face with the young man from before. The man smiled at him, making the corner of his eyes expose his slight laugh lines as his teeth shone in the partial darkness for the bar.

"H-hey," Mitch muttered, looking away from the man to his glass. He looked a lot younger, and good looking up close. His roman nose and big brown eyes were contradictory, but they worked. Is he in college? Mitch wondered as he looked at him from the side of his eye. The man was still smiling at him, resting his head on his hand as he just looked on at Mitch.

"I'm Conner, you?"

"Mitch." His voice came out as broken—shy. Mitch looked up when he heard the young boy laugh.

"You're not the social one, are you?"

"Not at all," Mitch replied, smiling a bit. They both stayed quiet after that, not saying a word, but it was a comfortable silence. They were smiling as the music played in the background. Mitch tore his eyes away from Conner, biting his bottom lip before he spoke.

"Do you mind if I get you a drink?" he asked, drumming his fingers against the sides of his beer glass.

"Why don't you follow me home instead?" Mitch looked up, staring at Conner with wide eyes before looking away. The younger man laughed, and Mitch felt his face burning up at the boy's directness. Sure, that had what he'd come here for, but he'd expected Conner to play hard to get for a while or full-on get up and leave if he didn't find him interesting enough.

"I live close, like a street down. What do you say?" Conner asked, cocking his head to the side so that he could look at Mitch more directly. His pink bow lips curing into a smile. Mitch then nodded in agreement, making the younger man smile.

━━━━━━━━

Mitch was sitting on the queen-sized bed, looking about the room as he waited for Mitch who'd gone to clean up. He was out of his clothes, his naked body on full display. He wasn't amazing per se, but he did have a decent build. A lean muscle body with toned limbs and a flat stomach.

Mitch took in the younger man's room, spotting the pile of textbooks on the study table by the left, as well as the desktop computer that was open to what seemed like an assignment site. It was a small apartment, and it didn't seem to be heavily personalized.

He's definitely a student. Mitch thought to himself as he tore his eyes away from the table to stare at the bathroom door. He could hear low moans, and he could feel himself getting hard at the sound of it. Was Conner trying to get himself ready without his help? The moans soon stopped, and after a while, Conner stepped out of the bathroom plain naked as well. He smiled when he caught Mitch's smile, hurrying to join him on the bed.