Chapter Two

Waking up from a long day of work , is the best thing ever but also the worst thing ever. I smelled food being fixed, I knew my father doesn't cook and Luka doesn't either. So who's cooking in my house? I ran down the stairs to see a white woman that looked to be around her mid-30's. " Goodmorning, you must be Brook! Your father told me a lot about you", she said while she handed me a plate of food. I don't know what I should be more upset about first , my father having this slut in our house or her calling me by my nickname like we are acquaintances.. " Don't call me Brook, it's Brooklyn for you. Why are you even in my house and who are you?", I said while I rolled my eyes at her. " I'm Bridget Mitchell , I'm your fathers girlfriend", she replied back while trying to shake my hand . I simply look at her hand and looked back at her. Who does she think she is? " I cook breakfast are you going to eat?", she asked me. " It's not my moms breakfast so i refuse to", I responded with my nose in the air and I began to threw away the plate she made for me. My dad came into the kitchen to see me throwing it away. " Brooklyn Hernandez! Why are you being so rude to her! Soon she will be your step mom, so you need to respect her Brooklyn", he said while yelling at me. " Her? As a step mom? Wow, you must of really downgraded since mommy", I responded as I laughed at him . "Brooklyn !", he shouted at me. " Dad! ", i shouted back at him. I don't think he realizes that , I don't care about her feelings. " You need to fix your attitude", he stated to me. " You need to find a better choice in woman", i said as I grabbed a granola bar. "That's it , I'm not buying you that car!", He yelled as he grabbed my wrist. "Yeah Mmh , Don't do that. You really have me messed up today. First, you bring a hussy into our house. Now you think a car will hurt me? ", I said as I laughed at him and walked out the kitchen. I'm most definitely leaving, I can't deal with this man today.

While I was getting dressed to leave the house,  I got a phone call from my boyfriend Andre. "You still coming over ?", he asked me which made me smile. "Yes babe, I have to go somewhere first so I'll be over at four o'clock", I said while I put my clothes in my bag. "Does your dad know that you're coming over?", He asked as if I gave a fuck. "He's down stairs entertaining his new girlfriend 'Bridget' ", I said adding emphasis to Bridget. "Who's Bridget?She sounds like a whore", he said trying to hold back laughter. "Ha! She is one, walking around my house like she belongs here", I said as my dad knocked on my bedroom door. " Brooklyn , Open the door honey", my father spoke through the door trying to sweet talk me. " Andre I'll call you back", i said as I hung up and went to open the door. As soon as the door swung open, my dad started talking none stop. " Have you been taking your bipolar medication ?", he asked as he began to raise his eyebrow at me. " No", I answered sternly. " Yeah , I don't have time to play house with you and your hog looking girlfriend. So I will see you later", I said to him avoiding eye contact. I walked around him and walked out the front door.

" Aye Shawty, You need to start coming earlier. I needed you here at noon not two. ", my pimp yelled at me. I know you're wondering , a pimp? Yeah, a pimp his name is "A Pimp Named Slick Back". That's what he likes to be called, but his real name is Richard Kelly. I met him on the night of my junior prom, my friends and I were drunk that night. We were standing on the corner of third street, Richard came and offered us a ride. " You'll come here often", he spoke staring into my soul. It made me feel good, he is five years older than me. I've always wanted a older man, so of course I flirted back. Every since that night I've basically been his bottom bitch. Today, he needed me to go get his weed. I hate doing this, because I would have to strip in front of perverts just to get his weed. I shouldn't have put myself in this situation but as a sixteen year old girl, the money was all I needed at the time. Now, I'm just stuck in this situation. I can't tell my boyfriend or my brother, and sure enough I can't tell my father.. I need to find a way out of this, before I get myself or somebody else hurt.

"So are you going to get my weed?", he yelled at me. " Yeah I'll be back with it in about a hour or two", I said to him as i walked out to my car. "Alright, hurry back", he spoke back to me. Poor Richard doesn't know that, I'm coming back. I know it's dangerous to do this, but I don't know any other way out of this. He lives a hour away from me, so it would be hard for him to find me. I just need to go dye my hair brown and just stay on the down low. Let's see how this goes for me, because I don't need to have my family in danger.