Chapter 12: The Rescue Mission (Part 3)

Kid walked out of the elevator, there was nobody around. Odd. Lyndsy was no where to be seen after she left from the elevator. For the first time in awhile he was alone.

As Kid walked out the elevator, he put on his holo-helmet, his hair showing an hairstyle like an Octoling. He once again looked around the area, begining to walk to the right, the opposite way to where Lyndsy was heading.

"Do Octarians... live with this?" He said as he walked, now following the cables that Lyndsy indicated to him.

Meanwhile...

Steffany and Alex finished their break, now starting to climb up the vents again.

"We're almost there Steff... get ready." He said as they got to one of the exits of the ventilation system.

Both of them saw two Octarians, one was guarding a the Zapfish, and the other was looking in the cameras.

"Ugh... It's boring here. Why does the commander has to tell us to watch over the Zapfish? I mean. There's no way an Inkling on it's own can take this place down. Heck. They couldn't even take on the first floor. The door is totally guarded." The Octarian on the cameras said complaining.

"That's when you're wrong!" Alex said loudly as as he kicked open the vent, throwing a Splat Bomb towards the Octarian who was guarding the Zapfish. He didn't had time to run away or take cover,  so he got splatted.

The one who was in the cameras quickly turned around to shoot Alex. But before he could have began shooting, Steffany got her Hero Shot Replica out and splatted the Octarian.

"What were you thinking!?" She said, growing scared on what Alex did at that moment

"They were talking trash about us! I proved him wrong!" He said as he replied back to her.

"But that doesn't mean you have to go out and start shoo-" She said before Alex covered her mouth.

Alex and Steffany realized that they were talking loud. It was a miracle that nobody was near.

Footsteps and whiring was coming from outside the camera room.

"Oh no.. It's almost starting. We have to act quick." He said as he took away his hand from Steffany's mouth

"Wait. Why don't we use the cameras as an advantage?" She said, coming up with the idea.

"You're right." He said as they both looked at the screens.

There was few groups of Octarians walking through the halls of the building. They were all heading to one direction. To the right.

They saw that they were all heading downstairs.

"Wait..." He said with a pause. "What about Kid?" He said, very worried as he changed the cameras quickly.

After a little bit, they saw one Octoling walking alone, as Lyndsy said, following cables to where Squid Girl could possibly be held at.

Kid was a bit traumatized as he saw the living conditions of the home of Octarians. Dusty. Depressive. Dark. He never thought that the enemy would living under these conditions.

Static could be heard from Kidjays' ears due to the holo-helmet.

"Kid can you hear us? We can see you through the cameras." Said Alex, as he saw Kid walking by some cables.

Kid heard Alex. As he did so he looked around looking for one. Sadly he couldn't find one.
"I can hear you. Though I can't find the cameras. They must be well hidden." Kid said as he followed the cables.