"Oh no don't worry, I was actually doing some work on the computer I had no idea how much time had passed" he explain.

He kept staring at me weirdly as though I had two heads, it was rather uncomfortable but then I realized I didn't have time to wear something appropriate before coming. I quickly sat in the chair closest to where I stood using my hands to cover my legs.

He began to notice how uncomfortable I was getting and so he brought out a robe from his closet,

"Put this on" he said handing over the robe.

"Thanks" I replied wrapping it around my body.

"What are you doing here so late at night" he asked putting more lights on

"Oh... I remember how he got me to sign that document" I said scared of what might happen if I tell Mahmud about it.

"Go on" he said directing his attention towards me,

" he...he said he could help me get rid of camp....I wouldn't have to stay in camp" I kept stammering,

He laughed a bit at my stupidity "then" he requested I go further,

" well he came up with a marriage certificate idea but I didn't think they were real" I said honestly,

"Where they any sort of witnesses or did you do it at the court" he asked

" no...no just some papers we filled at home" I muttered

" do you have a copy?" He asked looking a bit worried which scared me,

"No he kept it with him and he promised it was no big deal after all we were getting married soon" I explained.

"Do you have any idea what you have done" he asked worriedly " that's actually fraud and you could be charged in court " he continued.

It was then that I realized the dept of what I had done," I didn't mean to, I promise" I kept muttering as tears filled my eyes.

"It will be okay In Sha Allah" he kept trying to calm me down.

" I agreed to it because I was told it was normal...people do it all the time" I muttered

"If a lot of people do it..that doesn't make it legal, they just manage not to get caught" he explained,

We sat there for a while not realizing how much time had passed until it was time for subhi,

"Oh Allah! I need to get back to my room before anyone wakes up" I said raising to my feet

" so what if they do..or are you really married to Naziru" he teased,

I picked up the pillow next to me and threw it towards him but he dodged running after me..... As soon as I opened the door Mamie was already trying to knock on his door.

Oh God how much I wanted to bury myself, this sort of embarrassment stays with you for life and that too I was putting on his robe. I just stood there almost lifeless,

"Am I interrupting anything" Mamie asked with her hands folded.

"No Mamie dearest... She was just leaving" Mahmud answered

"Hmnnn I just came to tell you that you would be leading the prayer " she said looking at me again before she left the room,

I sluggishly followed behind her as I couldn't feel my legs, I quickly got ready to join the congregation.

Days passed by swiftly and it was time for the second hearing. I wasn't really feeling very confident but I knew Mahmud would do anything in his power to get me through this.

He argued that there were no witnesses when this court marriage took place and that I wasn't fully aware of what I was signing and the implications of it. I was brought to the stand even though Mahmud tried to avoid putting me in front of all those people. But I had nothing to hide so I told the court everything and how it happened.

Evidence was brought future implicating Nazeer in more fraud, theft and second degree murder in a robbery  gone wrong.

The court sentenced him to seventy years in jail while I got two months of  community service for serving as an accompanist.

After the case I felt a huge burden being lifted off my shoulder. It felt even better when I apologized to everyone and cleared myself of any doubts they may have about me.

I had already started serving the community and Alhamdulillah it was easier than I thought. It opened my eyes a lot as I got to meet people who had way less than I did, how they were living and the struggles they go through every day meanwhile my relationship with my husband grew better each day as I got to know the sides of him I never knew existed.

These days Mamie is is always chasing us away from her house in style saying its time to move in together and although I have started to develop feeling for Mahmud I still feel we aren't in the position to move in together.

A proposal was brought to Abbah by Amin's family for Nasreen's hand in marriage which Abbah was very happy to answer to giving the fact that he had always praised Amin's honesty and good character. The wedding was set to take place three months from now, the excitement was unexplainable as we began the wedding preparation.

Today was the last day of my community service and to be honest I was quite gloomy, I had grown so attached to a few people and to think I wouldn't get to see them as often as I did these past months was heartbreaking.

I walked to the kitchen to make myself a hot cup of coffee and some tuna sandwiches for breakfast, i was carried away by what I was doing when I felt a strong pair of arms round my waist I flinched a bit not knowing who it was

"Shhhh" I heard his voice from behind and his breath brushing my neck.

"Let go of me...what if someone sees us" I wiggled.

"Calm down nobody is up...its just us" he proceeded to kiss my neck.

"Ehnn ehmm!" Someone cleared their throat from behind and he quickly let go

" Ina kwana Mamie" we chorused shamefully.

"I am just here to get some orange juice for your father...you can continue what ever it is you two are up to" she stated opening the fridge as we stared at each other,

"Start parking... You two are moving in together, I have had enough" she added

"Mamie manaaa! Its not what you think" I pleaded

"Don't Mamie me! As soon as your house is arranged you are moving and that's final" she said walking out of the kitchen.

_________________________________________

Sorry for any errors you may find, I am not a lawyer nor a law student, the story just led me there and I can't believe we made it this far. Thank you so much for your support.....a few more chapters to go.