Chapter Twelve: "An Elder?"

Start from the beginning

I look up into his eyes copper brown eyes, what I see has me stumbling over my words. 

Pain.

Tiredness.

I furrow my brows together as I continue to stare into his eyes. "Are you alright Nate?" I ask in a small voice.

Nate gives me a tired laugh, trying to hide his true emotions. "I'm fine. How are you?"

I pull a smile back onto my face as I hide what I just saw. "I'm good too thank you."

Stepping back I look around the room.

Trick sits in a chair off to the side, his eyes watching his older brother silently, but when he sees me looking he smiles. "Amethyst." He nods.

"Trick." I say nodding my head as well.

Alpha Justin steps from behind his desk. "Amethyst, thank you for coming."

I turn to him. "May I ask why?"

Alpha Justin looks toward Nate. "Nate, would you?" He gestures to me.

I turn to Nate confused. "Nate, what's going on?"

Nate meets my gaze. "It's to do with that time you told me you were talking to your wolf." He says.

I feel my brows crease further together. "Yes, what about it?"

Nate doesn't say anything for a second. "We believe you are an Elder."

I turn to Alpha Justin. "An Elder?"

My wolf stops her pacing and freezes, the fear and anger vibrating through her shocks me for a second, before she controls herself and disappears back into the recesses of my mind behind the wall.

Alpha Justin nods. "Yes. An Elder."

"What is an Elder?" I ask as I look around the room.

Trick leans back in his chair not meeting my gaze but focused on his brother, Derek stands behind us with his arm folded across his chest, and Nate stands in front of me still looking uncomfortable. Alpha Justin stands at ease leaning back so he's leaning against his desk.

"An Elder, is a Werewolf that has been gifted by the Spirits with ability. In your case it’s the ability to communicate with your wolf." Alpha Justin explains as he meets my gaze evenly.

Something about abilities tickles the back of my mind, as a memory tries to resurface but it’s too fuzzy for me to understand. But after a second it begins to clear and I'm in the woods again in wolf form with Tessa and Tommy near me. It's the day that Tommy and I returned home, Sebastian stands near me. 

The scars from the fight with the Rogue stand out against the fading background.

"Sebastian." I say out loud.

"What about him?" Nate asks as I refocus my gaze on him.

"Sebastian is an Elder." I say as I look around the room.

Trick looks confused. "What?"

Nate nods. "Yes, he is an Elder."

Trick turns to his older brother. "How do you know and I don't?"

Nate shrugs as he turns his attention to his younger sibling. "He came to me one time, I promised not to tell anyone."

Alpha Justin rubs his chin. "It's unusual though."

I turn back to him. "What's unusual?"

Alpha Justin looks up at me. "For an Elder to have a mate. Usually Elder's are Mateless. They don't have a mate, were never destined too."

I look toward Derek. "Really?"

"Yes, but your case seems unique." Alpha Justin replies.

After that we all stand or sit in silence.

I look back to Nate. I catch a flash of sadness in his eyes.

"Amethyst, I would like you to spend the next two days with the Elder's of our pack. They can explain more and you can learn about the different abilities." Alpha Justin says breaking my attention from Nate.

"Okay." I say.

He nods. "Good, tomorrow you'll spend the day with our Pack Counsellor, Kristin." He moves back behind his desk. "The next day you will spend it with Reyes, he is our Pack Tracker."

I nod my head. "Alright."

"Good." Alpha Justin says as he sits down and picks up some paper work. "Now you can leave."

Trick stands up and walks out, Derek follows behind. Nate and I follow.

"Do you think it would be alright if Trick and I crashes at your place while we stay?" Nate asks as we walk out of the Alpha's House and past the grass area.

I watch as Derek joins in. "Yeah, I'm sure Noah and Claude won't mind."

Trick walks with us as we move through the Housing area towards mine. 

But all I can think about is the fact that I'm an Elder and that my wolf has kept it from me this whole time.

                                                        *  *  *  *  *

That was chapter 12, I hope you enjoyed it 

Sorry i didn't post last week.

Anyhow

I'll see you next time with chap 13

SoaringSpirit