Chapter 2--- Colton

So let me start out cheerleading with the fact that I still haven’t heard from sporty. Granted he might have gotten out early for football since it’s our field they’re playing at but still.

We go out on the field and start jumping and trying to see what the field is going to be like. Right on queue the reform school’s football team starts walking onto the field and I look over along with the rest of the girls. The boys looked at us as the girls giggled and turned away but I kept staring. I then feel my phone vibrate and I look at it, it’s sporty. Finally!

Sporty: I see you

I laugh and I don’t even reply. I just keep watching the boys as my captain pulls me aside. “You know that if you stay committed you’re going to be co- captain next season. So no boys, just school and cheer” I nod as I see some boys in a weird uniform going to the bleachers. I take it upon myself to go and talk to them, do the co-captain duties.

“Who are you and what school are you from? This is a football game not a place to get drugs.” I say kinda rude but hey it’s my school and I could really care less.

One answers me “Colton Jacubs, from Edward Jacubs Academy and yes this is a football game, maybe we’re a bit early but doesn’t mean you have to get rude. Plus why we’re here isn’t any of your business. Who’re you?”

I sigh. I understand where he’s coming from but still I just don’t see why they’re here. I don’t feel like telling them my name, if sporty was here he could help me.

“I’m Delilah also this has been great and all but let’s be honest I have to practice and you and your buddies wanna watch, so let me leave and please don’t watch me. Thank you!” I blow kisses and walk back to the squad. The girls all laugh as we start to practice. 

As we start to practice I look over at the football team as my friend Greg comes over to me.

“You guys are looking good. I need a favor though.” He asks as I already have an idea what he wants.

“Lemme guess you wanna take Nikki to homecoming and you need our help” I say with a smirk

“You are my sister I swear! Please and thank you. Do you have a date?” He looks over at the team

“I don’t go to homecoming. Not my deal.” I say simply. It was the truth I’ll do prom but not homecoming.

“If a guy asks you will you go?” He asks trying to get some information for his teammates

“Maybe. Depends on the guy Gregory! Now go practice dufus.” I smile as we depart

I see the prep school boys looking at me again.  So me being me I walk over, I may get in trouble but they need to get out of my business.

“Listen peebrains, I had one request please just leave me alone. Colton if your friends can’t leave me alone I’m going to have to blame you.” I’m starting to flirt, what the hell? Delilah no! You like sporty not this high class prep school boy.

“I haven’t done anything wrong Delilah, I’ve been looking at you, because you’re beautiful I’m sorry.” He’s flirting back. Shit what did I do?

“Then what are their names? I mean Colton Jacubs is nice and all but yeah tell me more.” I hear my captain yell out that we have a break and I sit waiting to hear more, maybe they weren’t as “preppy” as I thought they were.

“His name is Levi Rococo” He points to one, Colton and him are kinda like twins but Levi has black hair and Colton a dirty blonde.

I wave to him as I wait for Colton to continue but he is interrupted by a Reform school football player. Woah he was gorgeous. Legit like he was how sporty would be.

“Colton, I told you to come later, not right after school.” The boy says as I just look down nervous.

“Sorry, we were bored. Plus I heard there was a cheer team.” He replies as he looks away a little shy.

“Who’re you? How do you know my brother?” The boy says to me as I look up a little shy

“I just met him, his name is Colton and he’s a teenager, trust me if you could watch cheerleaders I’m pretty sure you would be over here with him. I’m Delilah, who’re you?” I get confident and stand up for Colton.

“I’m Greyson Jacubs, older than Colton by a year, adoption, it’s great.” He simply says like the facts he just stated was no big deal. “Are mom and dad coming?” He asks Colton. I look up to Colton.

“Neither. Work. Play good bro.”  Colton says as Greyson runs away.