Chapter 5-- Fries and Iced tea

The car is completely silent. I start to say something trying to change the subject.

“Sorry, that was not my place, I was curious and curiosity kills the cat..” I say slyly

“No it’s understandable to be curious; you actually know we’re brothers most people think we’re like cousins because we don’t look the same.”  Greyson says actually understandingly. He pulls up to a late night diner and we all get out of the car and walk in.

“How many?” An older lady says, while I’m waiting for someone to say something I see Greyson staring at me.

“Five” Colton says as the older lady walks us over to a booth/ table. I slip into the booth side and Greyson follows my lead sitting on one side along with Levi on the opposite. The lady hands us a menu and starts to talk.

“Hi my name is Sara and I’ll be your waitress today. Can I get you some drinks?”

“I’ll get some water.” Greyson says as he looks to me to answer her. Can he stop doing that?

“Iced tea?” I say as Sara shakes her head as I look to Levi.

“Coke, or Pepsi which ever” Levi says as I zone out for a bit looking at the menu and thinking. Greyson and Colton’s’ eyes are on me. Shit, this is uncomfortable. I guess I’ll get something small.. Maybe like fries, I can eat fries cute.. Yeah just fries, or should I get a salad to show I’m healthy.. Just as I’m about to talk Greyson beats me at it.

“So tell us about you Delilah. Ladies first.” He smirks as I smile and bite my lip.

“Well I’m 15 and I’m an only child. I have a few good friends but we barely hang out. I’m good in school but I’m not a nerd. I love sports and I love cheerleading. I have a weird music taste. Haha that good enough?” I look at Greyson with an I told you so look.

He looks at me curiously and says the worst thing I could ever hear him bring up. “Tell me about your ex.”

I look down as Sporty was right the whole reform school knew about me and I was only single for a week or that’s what it felt like. I pick my head up as I thought about it and started.

“Bradley and I would have never talked to each other if my friend didn’t like him; I did what any best friend would do. I tried to figure out if he liked her back. I would bug the absolute shit out of him with questions about my friend, then we became friends. I added him on face book and we legit would talk until we fell asleep, little did the little freshman in me know he wasn’t what I needed for the start of high school. I trusted him.  So one day after a cheer completion I was talking to him and my mom was like “Can we please go to the mall?” I was like I wanna talk to Brad (at this time we were flirting in school and online. Oops..) Then she said let’s bring him. I was embarrassed but I asked and he said yes. We picked him up and brought him to the mall, and yes it was a date. After the time in the mall and I wouldn’t kiss him all day we talked about going back to my house and hanging out, well hanging out led to a kiss that started a year and three month relationship of lies.” I stop looking at Greyson seeing if that meets his approval.  

“Next time I talk to you I wanna hear more about Bradford. That’s the beginning, I want everything.” He says talking like he actually wanted to hear more, maybe it was to go talk about it at school but I really could care less. Plus Bradford? I hope he was joking.

In the car to Delilah’s

“I had tons of fun with you guys, thank you so much.” I say smiling

“I did too, well with you, not them. Dorks.”  Greyson says as I start to laugh

“Hey! That’s my nick name for Colton don’t steal it!!!” I beg laughing.

Greyson looks at me as we pull up. “Thanks for convincing me. Maybe I should come to your school next semester.”

“You get out next semester? That’s cool. Maybe you should, but I warn you a lot of girls will be all over you. Your girlfriend will be pissed.” I warn with a smirk.

“I don’t have one.” He says with a shrug. “I don’t want one, bitches be crazy now-a-days” He laughs

“Well see you when ever, next game wanna do this again? Either way you’re driving me home.” I smirk as he smiles up at me.

“I can’t wait.” I feel like it’s only us two in the world. Colton then has to ruin it.

“I’ll text you D” He smiles and waves as I start to walk up to my door as I realize I’m home alone for the night. “Night!” I yell as I walk inside and run to plug my phone in to text Sporty, and then I realized I ignored Colton basically the whole night. I feel like shit because I ate too much. I go to my bed and lay down still in uniform not giving a shit.