Holy Baubles- @x-vivlio-x

Snow fell lightly under the quilted, blue sky and the landscape looked like cotton-candy. It was a picture of pure perfection.

In the distance, singing could be heard. From far away, it sounded okay.

But when you get closer...

Let's just say that it is very similar to that of a dying creature.

"AND A HAPPY NEW..." Buddy the Elf took a huge breath, "YEARRRRRRR!"

The elves clapped as Buddy took a bow, some elves even threw plushies at him, which he took as compliments.

"And now for jingle bells." He said with a grin.

"NO!" The elves said in unison.

Buddy frowned slightly and Papa Elf walked over to him, "I think they mean that they need to get on with their work, Buddy." He smiled up at the larger elf.

"Oh okay, back to work guys!" Buddy clicked his fingers as the elves carried on building toys.

Jovie walked over, holding her and Buddy's child. He smiled at her then looked at Papa Elf, "We better go now, it's time to put the decorations up."

"But Buddy...you've already decorated your house...and my house...and Santa's house...and I'm pretty sure you've even covered the streets with lights and tinsel." Papa Elf listed, picking up a bag of stuffing and dropping it off on the table.

"I know." Buddy grinned, "But there's the rest of the North Pole and I'm pretty sure if I ask nicely, Mr Narwharl will let me decorate his horn with tinsel."

He opened the door and let Jovie out, "Bye Papa!" He beamed as he shut the door behind them.

They walked down the path, passing candy canes and gumdrops.

"Buddy?" They heard from behind, as well as the sound of ice skates. They turned and came face to face with an elf dressed in blue, a postman's bag slung on his shoulder. He fished into the bag and handed Buddy a letter, "This is for you. Have a nice day."

And with that he skated off, gone within seconds.

"Who's it from?" Jovie asked, peering over to the envelope.

"I'm not sure." Buddy opened the letter and read it aloud:

To Buddy,

Things have been going wrong here in New York. More people are down and there is barely any christmas going on here at all.

It's been super depressing.

Worse than before you came.

Like even Mom can't stand the sound of Wham! Last Christmas and that was her favourite song, she even wished one year that she could marry George Michael...now that I think about it I'm pretty sure that's where my name came from...

Please help.

From your brother,

Michael

P.S. Dad is scaring me because he is more jolly than anyone!

"What? Your mom can't stand Last Christmas!" Jovie exclaimed, "Something is definately wrong here..."

"Maybe I should go back...I had great fun last time," Buddy put the letter back in the envelope, "It's not everyday somebody can try the world's best cup of coffee..."

"Buddy..." Jovie placed a hand on his arm, "That coffee tasted the equivalent of cow droppings..."

"Doesn't every cup of coffee?" Buddy raised an eyebrow, proving a well known point.