Alternate Ending

"Wands down! Anyone harms him-they'll answer to me-" Graves said harshly. "Credence."

"Credence." Tina repeated. The Aurors began pelting the Obscurius with spells, and Kat screamed. The Obscurial exploded, but in the midst of the black matter, Kat saw a figure. She unwrapped her uncle's arms from around her and rushed towards the limp figure.

"Credence." Kat said placing a hand on his forehead. A small gold glow appeared and all was silent. Then she heard a cough. "Credence?"

Credence coughed again. Kat threw her arms around him until Newt pulled her off.

"Let the boy breathe." Newt chuckled. Tina was checking over Credence. Obviously, the two had some sort of connection.

"H-how?" Graves said, flabbergasted.

"They killed the Obscurial.  They didn't kill the boy." Newt said softly. Graves snorted. Obviously, Credence was no use to him now.

"You fools. Do you realize what you've done?" Graves snarled. Kat held in to her uncle as Tina helped Credence stand up.

"The Obscurial was killed on my orders, Mr Graves." A woman of high power walked down the stairs of the subway.

"Yes. And history will surely note that, Madam President." Graves said, his tone threatening. "What was done here tonight was not right!"

"He is responsible for the death of a No-Maj. He risked the exposure of our community. He has broken one of our most sacred laws-" Kat's mind began forming some puzzle pieces.

"A law that has us scuttling like rats in the gutter!" Graves laughed bitterly, "A law that demands that we conceal our true nature! A law that directs those under its dominion to cower in fear lest we risk discovery! I ask you, Madam President - I  ask all of you - who does this law protect? Us?" Graves pointed towards the ceiling where the Muggles were evidently there. "Or them?" He laughed that same bitter laugh that sent chills down Kat's spine. "I refuse to bow down any longer." The puzzle pieces finally went together and the puzzle was completed. Kat figured out who he really was. Graves began to walk away.

Madam Piquery began. "Aurors, I'd like you to relieve Mr. Graves of his wand and escort him back to-" Kat began shaking in anticipation and in her nervousness, a white shield appeared out of nowhere in front of Graves. She froze in horror.

Graves seemed to debate about something in his mind. He turned and strode confidently and began deflecting the spells Aurors shot at him. Slowly, the Auror's spells began to rebound against them and their numbers went down one by one. Newt removed one of hands from Kat and grabbed the Swooping Evil and threw it out. Kat watched as it flew around deflecting the spells, and Kat felt Newt grab his wand and slash it, releasing a supernatural rope which wrapped around Graves. He dropped his wand, which Tina quickly Summoned.

Graves looked around with such hate in his eyes that Kat backed away. Newt walked forward, with Kat still clutched firmly in his grasp.

"Revelio." Newt said pointing his wand at Graves. Kat was unsurprised but felt a flicker of fear when the man most thought to be Percival Graves turned out to be Gellert Grindelwald. Kat was full of fear when she was face to face with the man. She knew the man had murdered many, and she had the right to be afraid. Newt gently led her away to allow Madam Piquery to approach.

"Do you think you can hold me?" Grindelwald said with contempt. Kat couldn't help but be glad to hear another Brit, but at the same time tremble with the coldness in his voice.

"We'll do our best, Mr. Grindelwald." Madam Piquery said. Grindelwald gave her a look of disgust, then it turned into a small, derisory smile. Kat was uneasy as she knew the man was capable of practically anything.