"Hey. I knew you'd be out hea' but you might wanna get up. I got you a lil' some." She said, shaking the cup in her hand.

Jax quickly got up and rushed over to her, wrapping both arms around her waist.

"Uh... Jax?"

"You so sweet!!"

"Uh... it's just hot chocolate, it ain' a big deal."

"Yes! It is!" She declared. She pulled away from the hug and took the cup of cocoa. "You thought of me, for no reason and bought me something, even though you didn't have to. Even though it wouldn't do anything for you. And... y'know, because you thought it would make me happy. That means that you love me, right?"

She looked up at Ezra with a big smile, her cheeks puffy and there was melting snow in her red hair. Her body was shivering slightly from the cold, but she looked so happy.

Ezra then realized that was the first time she ever bought her anything. Which made her feel a little bad. She wish she had thought to bring her something before now.

Better late than never, I guess...

Maybe she'll bring her a bag of gummy bears tomorrow. She knew she loved them and barely even gets them because her parents think she gets too happy when she gets sugar.

Ezra smiled at her.

"Yeah, I love you." Ezra rushed out. "Now c'mon. You look like you freezin' yo' ass off."

"Alright..." She laughed and grabbed her hand.

Ezra bought her inside and into the kitchen. She placed her hot chocolate on the island before taking off her sweater and converse.

She slid her hands into her hair and shook it out, causing red to stain her fingers.

She laughed at it and showed Ezra her hands. "Look! It's my hair dye, it does this when it gets wet, it stay staining my clothes!"

Ezra smiled slightly. "Yeah, Les's hair did that," the words left before she could stop them.

"What color was her hair?" Jax asked, picking up her hot chocolate and taking a sip.

"Uh... blue?"

"What kind of blue?"

"What kind of blue?" Ezra repeated, confused.

"Yeah, a light blue like a bright blue or dark like orchid, or a greenish blue?"

"Uh... dark. I guess."

"I wanna dye my hair blue but ma won't let me." She pouted.

"Never dye your hair blue." Ezra stated sternly.

She grinned.

"I wasn't really. Red's my thing anyway."

"You should wash yo' hands..."

She kept grinning and went to wash the red off in the kitchen sink. Ezra stood beside her as she watched the red spiral down the drain.

"Ezra..." Jax said, pulling her out of her daze.

"Yeah?" She asked, looking up to see her drying her hands on a dish towel.

"You love me right?" She asked.

"Yeah, I said it. Why you even asking me that?"

"But... you love me more than a sister, right? Like, if I wasn't your sister, and we had met randomly, would you still love me?"

Ezra stared at her for a few seconds then wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close. She placed a hand under her chin and forced her to look up at her. She looked into her beautiful brown eyes as she held her.

"Yeah. I would. I love you. I love you more than anyone or anything. It wouldn't matter how or when we met, I'd still love you."

Jax looked at her, with an adorable smile on her face and wrapped her hands around her neck. "So, does that mean that I'm your girl?"

Ezra then laughed.

Jax frowned. "I'm serious."

"Right, sho' thang." Ezra smiled.

"Nah, ask me properly."

Ezra shook her head. "Okay? Will you be my girl, Jasmine?"

"What? You not even gone get on a knee or nothing?" She asks, unable to hide a smile.

Ezra let go of her and bent down, then grabbed her hands, lacing her fingers with her own.

She said in a forced sophisticated tone, "The very beautiful yet handsome Jasmine, will you do me the pleasure of being my girl?"

Jax laughed and pulled her hands out of Ezra's, placing them back around her neck.

"Hell yeah!!" She exclaimed, before moving forward and swiftly connecting their lips.

TBC
***

Just wanted to give you something sweet before shit hits the fan. 🙃