Chapter forty eight

"Ginny?" Harry's soft voice woke me up.

"Huh?" Blearily I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times. Harry was wearing swim trunks and had a basket in his hand.

"Let's eat lunch." I took his hand and we walked down closer to the beach. He laid down a blanket and we sat on it. Eagerly I looked in to see what he made. When he tried he was actually a really good cook! He made gourmet sandwiches with fruit smoothies.

"How'd the interview go?" I asked while grabbing a sandwich.

"Pretty good. He already told me I got the job and that I'd be starting next week."

"You what?" I frowned.

"Ginny we talked about this. You said you would be fine if I was an auror." He sighed.

"I know but what if something happens? What am I supposed to do then?"

"Nothing will happen to me. I promise." He said looking straight into my eyes. His emerald colored eyes were piercing right into my soul.

"Promise is a really big word. You can never promise nothing will happen to you."

"Fine then. I'll try my absolute hardest to have nothing bad happen to me." He said.

"What happens if you die? Then won't I die too? At least we'd be together."

"Ginny!"

"It's true isn't it?" I challenged.

"I'm not sure. I don't think it's ever happened before. Well at least not since a long time ago and there isn't much information about that one." Harry shrugged.

"Guess we'll see." I delightedly took the last bite of my sandwich and grinned evilly. Harry's smile dropped. I moved closer to him and climbed on top. Using my arms I kept him pinned down and slowly put my body weight on him. Teasingly I brushed my lips against his and he tensed. He pulled me close to him and kissed me. Breathlessly I felt a burning desire for him. My hands ran over his muscular body wanting to take in every part of him. But there was a crash in the house and we both froze.

Harry gently moved me off of him and stood up. He put on a robe he took out with him and pulled out his wand. I wrapped my towel around me and got my wand out. We were side by side and slowly entered the house. Harry would go in front of me after every corner to check the next hall. I kicked open the door to each room and only the top floor was left. Someone had definitely been in a few of them.

A bustling noise came from down the hall which was Harry's office and we sprinted. Harry slammed into the door with his shoulder and we raced in. An astonished face looked up at us and tried to apparate away. Unfortunately for him, we had already put up anti apparation charms.

"Stupefy!" Harry yelled. The man flew backwards into the wall and looked dazed. The papers fell out of his hand and cascaded to the floor.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"He's a wanted man. Well I guess vampire really." Harry whispered into my ear. "We aren't going to get any answers out of him this way. Let's go to the ministry." Harry took my hand. We locked all of the doors and apparated.

A moment later we walked through the entrance hall dragging the guy. Many people gasped and parted realizing who we were. The guards nodded at us as we passed and strode right to James' office.

"Harry I already said you got the-what the heck?" James frowned as the intruders body came into view.

"He was trying to look through my papers." Harry said.

"Go collect them really quick so we can see what he was looking for." James instructed. I quickly left and grabbed the papers. Within a moment I was back in the office and handed them to him. Harry peered over his Dads shoulder and they had the same frown on their faces.

"Why would they-"

"Hold on." James interrupted Harry. He dug through a large stack of papers and took out a file. "Shoot!" He sent out a patronus to some people and raced around his office apparently looking for something. Harry and I were even more confused and stood still watching him run around. People apparated into the room with solemn looks on their faces.

"Go secure it." James said quickly before returning to what he was doing.

"Dad?" James didn't respond. "Dad!" Harry stopped him from moving. "What's going on?"

"They're trying to invade Hogwarts. Go over there and help! Also send a patronus to the others!" James said urgently.

"What are you doing then?" Harry asked.

"I have to find something. Just go! Be careful too. They will possess magic you've never seen before." James warned. Harry and I obediently sent a patronus telling everyone to meet us at Hogwarts and disapparated.

There was mass chaos. In the castle everybody was running to the great hall being herded by the heads of their houses. Some were screaming and others yelling for their siblings in other houses. A pit was forming in my stomach. It looked exactly like what happened before the final battle. Everything was repeating itself.