Chapter twenty eight

Ginny's P.O.V
      I didn't hear what I expected. "What are you talking about! Of course I'm mad at Ron! Although he did treat me like trash...But I have someone else that I like." Hermione trailed off. Her eyes glistened.

    "Blaise" Hermione said softly.

    "Who?" Harry asked.

      "Blaise Zambini." Hermione said, louder this time.

      "Blaise?" Harry asked.

      "No. Cormac Mclaggen. Yes Blaise!" Hermione exclaimed. Harry sank to the floor and put his head in his hands. I just stood there shocked. Blaise? Draco's best friend? Hermione looked hurt at our reactions. Harry's eyes suddenly brightened like he had an idea.

      "Be right back" Harry said and dashed off. I shrugged at Hermione. A little while later Harry came back with a liquid in his hands. "Drink this!" Harry said shoving the liquid in front of her face.

      "Ooo! A cappuccino!" squealed Hermione. She quickly drank it down. My eyes narrowed. He better not have-

      "Hermione do you love that-that Slytherin?" Harry asked.

      "Yes" hiccuped Hermione.

      "Are you being completely serious?" Harry questioned in disbelief.

      "Yes! He's great!" Hermione yelled with a grin plastered on her face. My suspicions were confirmed. Harry gave Hermione Veratiserum and an antidote to a love potion. Harry dashed out the door and I heard a faint sob before it closed.

      "Why do you like him?" I asked quietly.

      Hermione shrugged and said "he's really nice and cute." I left after giving her a hug telling her that I would talk to him. After I stepped out I apparated outside Harry's room at the Potters. Opening the door, I saw Harry crying on the floor. I frowned. Harry didn't cry EVER. Well mostly because he didn't know how to have feelings.

      "Harry? What's wrong?" I asked.

    "My best friends are gone. Ron abandoned us and now Hermione likes Blaise." Harry looked up at me with his tear stained face. "What am I supposed to do?" Harry whispered. I bent down and rubbed his back in soothing circles. When he finally calmed down I pulled him into a hug.

    "You'll always have me" I whispered. He buried his head into my shoulder and we stood there for a while. When we finally pulled away we decided to go back. He was playing with my hair when there was a loud sound. Which caused us to rush down the stairs quickly.

      We went into the kitchen to see everyone glaring at Ron, and Hermione pointing her wand at him. Ron's eyes looked relieved when he saw us but we glared at him. At that he shrank in fear.

      "Ronald Billius Weasley! Why would you do that! You actually had a chance but nope! You threw it away along with your family and Harry! Just leave!" I yelled. He disappeared with a loud pop. Hermione stated to cry and Harry went over to comfort her which just left me standing by the door still glaring at the spot Ron was just standing a few minutes earlier.

      "I'll go put something on the stove" Mrs. Weasley said weakly and left. Slowly everyone else left leaving me, Harry, and Hermione in the room.

      "I thought he was coming to apologize and ask if we could be friends again" Hermione hiccuped.

      "But he called me a...a...mudblood" Hermione whispered. Her eyes welled with tears. She lifted up her sleeve and glared at the scar Bellatrix left on her arm. I went next to her and sat down.

    "It's okay. We all love you Hermione. Don't take anything Ron says to heart" I soothed her.

"But it's true isn't it? I'll always just be a mudblood." Hermione sobbed.

"Hermione don't ever think that! You are the smartest witch I've ever met. I know we can't really hurt him...But...we can always prank him" I said slyly.

      Hermione smiled "go on..." she said slowly...