Chapter 2

HLC

I slowly started to move toward the boy. When I was about a yard away I stopped. He had black hair that was brushed into his face, his eyes covered. His full lips were in a straight line and he was pale and skinny. I noticed a piercing on the right side of his bottom lip. He was skinny and broad shouldered, dressed in a tight grey shirt and black skinny jeans. He looked up at me and tossed the hair out of his deep blue eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked meekly, my knees wobbling at his intimidating aura.

"Who am I?," he asked. "I don't know."

I stood there, speechless. 'He doesn't know who he is?' I thought. Then I realized I didn't know who I was either.

"I guess you could say I'm Alex." he stated nonchalantly.

"Oh. Well then I guess I'm Maika." I said. I walked over to the bench where he was sitting and plopped down next to him.

"You guess?" he said dubiously.

"I don't know who I am either." I answered sadly, hanging my head.

"It's okay," he soothed. "Life is about creating and finding yourself."

I sat in silence for a few moments, digesting his words.

Finally, I broke the quiet. "Why aren't you on class?" I asked.

"Well why aren't you?"

"I asked first."

He smiled. "True," he said. "I didn't want to go so I decided to go for a walk instead. I stumbled upon this garden place and decided to hang here." he said cooly. "Your turn."

"Well I couldn't find my class so I decided to skip instead." I said quietly.

The faint rumble of a bell resonated from the school. Alex stood up and straightened his shirt. Then he turned to me on the bench.

"It was nice to meet you Maika." he said, slowly walking away.

I jumped to me feet. "When will I see you again?" I asked desperately.

"I'm sure we'll see each other around. I like you." he said with one last wave as he trotted back to the building. I slumped down on the bench. 'I think a just made a new friend' I thought as I smiled to myself.

---------------------------------

so what do you think? Please comment and vote!!!:D thanks!