His Guard, Her Guide

-The Next Day-

The palace was alive with the quiet hum of the servants voices as everything they had prepared was now coming into place.  The palace was decorated beautifully, with red spider lilies all over the place.  

Kamina stood in the center of the hall that would lead into the throne room.  Her servants adjusted the train of her kimono, putting finishing touches to her hair as well . Her hair was arranged into in an intricate braid due to its length.  The bright red Spider lilies placed into her braid cast a beautiful contrast to her dark hair.  Her cheeks carried their natural flush and her eyes were accented with the lightest amount of liner.  The crimson of the decor matched her Kimono beautifully as well.  The kimono's sleeves no longer covered her hands.  Their crimson color made Kamina glow.  And the gold etched on the hems matched the Tsukiyomi dragon that trailed from the center of her back, down the train of her kimono.  

"You take my breath away."

Kamina turned to meet Sesshomaru's amber eyes.  She smiled, extending her hand to him.  He took it, stroking his thumb over her knuckles.  Sesshomaru wasn't wearing his usual ensemble either.  His silver hair was pulled up away from his face, and his armor was heavy- that of a lord.  The White, black, and gold of Sesshomaru's kimono mirrored Kamina's crimson red in the best way possible.  

Kamina glanced over him.  She couldn't help the smile forming on her face.  He looked so much like his father.  

She smoothed her hand over his cheek, lightly tracing the marks across his cheeks  "You look dashing as well. " She told him. 

Sesshomaru reached up and held her wrist, kissing her hand.  "I can tell you're nervous, Kamina." He started, his amber eyes meeting her own. "But you're going to make a marvelous Queen. " 

Kamina sighed.  "My father certainly seems to think so.  He's stepped down after all. " She looked down, smoothing out the kimono over her stomach.  "If my parents believe in me, I must believe in myself."

"Then what is it that's bothering you?" Sesshomaru asked, lifting her chin. 

"I-" Kamina opened her mouth to explain but was interrupted by Toushi.  

"Lady Kamina.  It's time. " 

Kamina nodded, and Sesshomaru gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. " You'll do great. We can talk after." He kissed her cheek before slipping out with Toushi.

Kamina took a deep breath as she faced the double doors, straightening her shoulders. 

The throne room was divided in two, with the walkway being in the center.  On the left end, were Noblemen and other diplomats.  Allies of the Royals.  On the other side, were distinguished generals, and soldiers, as well as Hajime, Momochi and the others.  Sesshomaru walked to the end of the left side, where it was most appropriate for him to be appointed.  He was closest to the throne where Cai and Fumiko sat as well.  Directly across from him, on the right side of the room, were Hajime and Momochi. 

The ceremony commenced, and the double doors of the throne room opened before their new Queen walked out. She was the image of beauty and power.  She was a Queen by blood, and rightly so.  After all she had lost, and all she had acquired along the way, Kamina had matured so much.  She was no longer the child Sesshomaru used to play with.  He realized that as she made her way into the room.  She has grown in a beautiful way and had acquired a tremendous amount of strength as well.  She would make a great Queen.  No one in the room doubted that.