Chapter 15

"I wouldn't tell them where a girl was that they wanted me to kill. My dad dying was my punishment," I said quietly looking away.

She didn't say anything she just got up and went to her bed. I stayed up all night because they could come for me at any time here.

*Jessica's POV*

I woke up to Cody grunting. I was just about to tell him to shut up and go back to bed when I saw him slouched against the wall almost unconscious. He was bloody and probably had broken ribs. I tried acting like I was still asleep but they saw me and dragged me out of the bed.

"Hey Cody look whose up!" they said hitting Cody in his bad leg making him look up.

His eyes looked right through me and I could tell he was sad that I woke up.

Cody's POV

I didn't want her to see me like this but I knew I had no choice. The guy beating me hoisted me up and pinned me against the wall. I had fractured ribs and cuts every where. He hit me in the ribs again and I groaned putting my head against the wall behind me.

"Ok Cody I'll let you fight now that your girlfriend's awake," he said obviously sure that he could beat me up.

He let me go and I almost fell again but instead stumbled. He hit me in the face again making me spin and catch myself on the wall. I had both hands on the wall and I could feel his smirk. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Jessica. She had her hands over her mouth in a gasp and I could tell she was about to cry. Now I was angry I was angry that she had to see this. I turned and nailed him in the face so hard that I knocked him out. Another guy came up and I knocked him out too. All of the sudden the room filled with men. Most of them held me while the others held Jessica. Then cutler walked in.

There was only one thought that went through my head,"Oh crap."