Chapter 11

Maddie's POV

I was absolutely mortified at the thought of having to be with Michael everyday. I just couldn't stand the thought of it. But other than chemistry, I didn't have him in any other classes.

Once I got to lunch, I couldn't find Ana anywhere. I finally had no choice but to sit with someone of my old friends, whom I do not get along with at all.

I walk over and ask, "Do you guys mind if I sit here."

One of the bitchier ones, Kandace, responded, "Yeah we do."

I sighed, "Come on K, just cut me some slack. I have no where to sit."

Kandace just laughed, "Whatever."

I just rolled my eyes and sat down in the empty seat. I sat awkwardly as they continued on with how great their summer was and how many parties they attended and how trashed they got.

Another girl, Sydney, one that I used to be really close with, genuinely asked, "Hey Maddie, how was your summer?"

I smiled and said, "It was actually pretty good, better than I expected it to be."

Kandace then had to but in, "Yeah, we all saw that you're dating that disney boy.. Isn't he kinda a faggot?"

All the girls laughed and started to crack jokes.

"Yeah his band sucks ass."

"His show is awful too."

"And that movie was so terrible!"

Kandace then continued, "How did you even get someone like him? You were always the runt of our group anyways."

I laughed off the insult, knowing that Kandace will always find a way to bring me down.

I told her, "I guess I won't have to worry about any of you sluts taking him then." I packed up my lunch and started to leave the lunchroom.

Her face turned red. She had been the girl who hooked up with Michael when I was with him.

She stood up and yelled to me, "I wouldn't speak so soon Maddie, you can't control those Hollywood boys. He's bound to cheat on you will all those gorgeous women he's around all the time."

I rolled my eyes once more and continued to walk out of the lunchroom.

The last half of my day dragged on. The last bell finally rang and I went to try to find Ana.

I stood outside waiting her for at least 10 minutes. Finally once everyone was already gone, I saw her tall, lean body walk toward me.

"Where were you at lunch today.." I asked her as she approached me, " I had to sit with the fake bitches."

Ana let out a little laugh, "I'm sorry! That sucks. But I have B lunch! I had to get my schedule changed."

"But we always have lunch together.. It's like our thing."

She had a sympathetic look on her face, "I know.. This sucks."

I sighed and agreed with her as we walked off the school premises.

But something in the tone of her voice made it seem insincere. Why did she even get she schedule changed anyways?

After this exhausting day, I was finally able to talk to Ross. I called him around 9pm as I was in bed.

The FaceTime ring only rang twice and then I saw his beautiful brown eyes pierce through my phone screen.

"Hi baby girl," he said softly, "How was your first day?"

I couldn't help but smile, "It honestly sucked. It definitely could have gone better... But I made it"

He laughed and said, "What made it so bad?"

"You." I said.

"Aw babe, I'm sorry... Did people say stuff to you?"

"Nobody that matters," I said, "Just some of my old friends."

"Did you have Ana at least?" He asked.

I sighed, "No.. I don't have any classes with her and I don't have lunch with her either."

"Mads, I'm sorry that I made your day bad," Ross said with a sad face.

"No babe! It wasn't just you," I said laughing, "In chemistry, my year long lab partner is Michael so I was real happy about that too."

But my laughter soon ended as I saw Ross's facial expression change. He looked angry.

So I asked, "Babe, what?"

He shook his head, "Can't you get that switched?"

"Don't you think I would have if I could?" I snapped back.

"I don't feel comfortable at all with that," he declared.

"Okay well I don't feel comfortable will a lot of the girls you work with but I can't do anything about it."

"Maddie that's totally different..." Ross began to justify.

But I butt in, "No Ross, it's the same. I can't begin to tell you how hard it is for me to see you working with all these beautiful girls. And all the pictures of the girls you see on tour. But the moment I get assigned to work with a guy it's not ok with you?"

"Maddie you know work is totally different than guys at your school. And you know the girls I work with and see on tour mean nothing to me."

"Ross, we met when you were on tour, how do I know something like that won't happen again with some other girl?"

"Are you serious Maddie? You're fucking kidding me... You have that little trust in me? That's fucking pathetic."

"Ross-" I yelled.

But then the call ended and my screen went black.