Chapter 4

Maddie's POV

So Ana seemed really upset about the whole Ross thing. I felt bad, but her job as my best friend is to be happy for me, right?

I just figured I'd give her a little bit of space, and I decided to text Ross back.

To: Ross 😍😘❤️

I had a lot of fun last night, thanks! You guys put on a great concert ☺️

I sent the text and then panicked. Was he talking about how much fun I had with him? Or how much fun the concert was? I just kept over thinking. I just needed to relax and stop worrying.

A little bit later, I finally got out of bed and went downstairs. I saw my sisters outside in the pool and my mom was making lunch. I sat at the counter and chatted with my mom until lunch was ready.

After I ate lunch I changed into my swim suit and laid out in the sun, hopefully to get some type of a tan.

Ross's POV

We got off the plan around 11am Chicago time. But since L.A. is two hours behind, it was really only 9am.

I saw that Maddie had texted me back and I got butterflies seeing her name pop up on my phone. I felt bad that I couldn't talk to her today because I had to shoot.

To: Maddie 😍😍

I'm sorry Maddie, I have rehearsals for A&A today.. Can I FaceTime you tonight? 😏

She texted me back almost immediately.

From: Maddie 😍😍

Oh of course. See you tonight! 🙈

A smile formed on my face as my family and I walked out of the airport and got into the car.

Once we finally got home, I threw my bags on my bed and jumped in the shower.

My hair wasn't even dry but I had to get to the set. I told my mom I was leaving and I took the keys.

I arrived on set just in time and found my way into my dressing room.

After filming was done it was around 5, I just needed to grab some things from my dressing room and I was going to head home.

As I went to grab a soda from my fridge, and I turned around to see Laura in the doorway.

I opened the soda and took a sip, "What's up?" I asked nodding at her.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to ask you something!" She said. But she didn't seem like her normal, cheery self.

"Alright, shoot." I told her, and I sat down on the couch.

She walked over and sat next to me. I noticed that she was fidgeting with her fingers. She looked really nervous.

Laura finally asked, "I was wondering if you wanted to uh, go grab some dinner!"

"Oh, uh yeah. That sounds great!" I responded. But I was still confused on why she was acting weird. "I'll drive."

I grabbed my keys off the table and Laura followed closely behind me. We walked out into the parking lot and got in my car.

Then I leaned over as I put the key in the ignition and asked, "So where should we go?"

She stuttered, "A-anywhere is fine."

"Alright, lets go to Subway or something then. I'm pretty tired from this weekend."

I pulled out of the parking lot and drove down the street to Subway. We both looked in the windows of the restaurant to see if it was busy and there were only a few people in there. So I parked the car and we walked in. We both ordered our sandwiches and sat in a table near the back.