.20 The trade

Start bij het begin

Theo didn't let himself feel relief, at least not yet. There was a chance this was a plot to get Theo to a place the pack could rescue him. There was still a chance he could die. He just hoped Derek wasn't bluffing and was capable of proving Theo didn't kill Saorise.

"Are you sure he will listen to what we have to say?" Liam was sitting in the back of Derek's Camaro. His leg bouncing anxiously. At first he was relieved that they had a chance to save Theo, but then he started to wonder if this alpha would hold true to his word.

"Ewan isn't one to kill without irrefutable proof." Derek left it at that. He had nothing else to offer the beta for comfort. Liam wanted to trust the man but he was having a hard time finding comfort in anything. He needed Theo to be safe. He needed to know that when they left this meeting, he would be taking Theo with him. Alive.

The ride to the meeting place, a place no one has heard of except for Derek, was quiet. Scott was in the passenger seat staring out the window. The alpha would never admit to it but he was worried Ewan would not listen. He worried they wouldn't be able to save Theo.

Derek was unreadable. As usual he had a scowl on his face. The evolved wolf knew the Rose alpha would listen as long as Derek gave him something to listen to. He just worried if it was enough to save Theo.

Hayden was sat next to Liam. Her hands bound with a cuffs made of mountain ash. She hadn't said a single word since asking what they were gonna do with her. No one told her that Ewan had requested her presence. She was afraid and everyone in the car could smell it. She was also planning. Planning a way out of this alive and planning on making sure Theo didn't live to see the end of today.

Liam was uncharacteristically quiet. Normally he be blabbing out things about the plan and how it could go wrong. His mind was doing that. Telling him every scenario that could happen and just how many ways it could go wrong. Each one ended with Theo dead. His stomach churned making bile rise up and burn his throat.

"We're here." Derek pulled to a stop and put his car in park. Liam leaned between the seats to survey the area. They were in a large clearing, the only thing to be seen was a huge stump of a tree. "Are we at the nemeton?" Scott questioned, unease clear in his voice.

"No. This is just an old tree that was cut down by my family. My mother used it as a meeting ground for packs who preferred privacy." The place looked undisturbed and eerie. Like something was lurking in the woods around them, waiting for them to drop their guard. Liam didn't like it. "Ewan should be here soon." Derek opened his door and got out, walking to the passenger side to wait for Scott.

Liam go out of the car and looked around. Trying to calm his nerves. He felt like he was being watched. "They're coming." Derek walked to the tree without another word. Scott got Hayden out of the car and walked her to the tree. Liam couldn't move. He heard a car approaching making his heartbeat pick up. His nose immediately picked up Theo's scent. It was laced with fear and sadness.

The dark, expensive looking, car pulled to a stop. Liam held his breath before walking over to Scott and Derek. He needed to see Theo, he needed to know he was ok. An older man with silver hair got out of the car. He wore a dark tailored suit that showed he was well built. He walked up to Derek.

"Derek Hale." He held his hand out to Derek who took it and shook it firmly. "Ewan Ròs." Derek stepped back when the alpha moved onto Scott. "And this must be the true alpha Scott McCall." Ewan held his hand out to Scott, a curious look dancing in his eyes. "Mr.Ròs." Scott didn't say anything more. "Is this the boy's mate?" Ewan looked Liam over.

Suddenly Liam felt like he was underdressed and very much out of place. Like a child getting to sit at the adults table before he's ready. "Yes, this is Liam Dunbar. He's Scott's first bitten beta." Derek put emphasis on the word bitten, implying Scott had other betas. "Very well." Ewan made a quick gesture towards the car.

The passenger side door open and a tall redhead stepped out. "Finnegan, bring the boy." The man, Finnegan, opened the back door and pulled Theo from the car. They had him bound with mountain ash cuffs, much like Hayden was. Other than a fearful look in Theo's eyes, he looked ok. "Murphy, bring me the box." Another man got out of the car. Clutched in his hands was a black box. Liam figured it held the sword. The beta had to fight to hold back a growl. He didn't like that they had the sword.

"You said you had proof, show me." Ewan gestured to the tree stump. Derek nodded and pulled the folded papers from his pocket. "Saorise was killed during the summer. From what you know, Theo was the last to see her alive. I don't think that's true." Derek showed him a surveillance photo that showed Theo leaving the park, and then another of a person approaching Saorise.

"Kate Argent came to you for help around the same time the Doctors were killing teens." Derek didn't ask but Ewan confirmed it anyway. "After you turned her away, she went to Saorise. More than likely to talk her into trying to convince you to help her." Ewan seemed to catch on to what Derek was saying. "She killed Saorise when she refused." Derek nodded. "Saorise would never go against you. If you said no then she knew it was no."

Derek handed the alpha another paper. "Kate was last seen in Beacon Hills not to long ago. She has a week head start, but her brother and I will help you track her. Only if you give Theo back and leave him be." Derek crossed his arms and stared at the alpha. Ewan was going over the paper Derek gave him. It was a print out of Kate at a gas station. It showed what road she was, and at the bottom Parrish had wrote what direction she left in.

"Bring the here." Finnegan tugged Theo along roughly. Stopping next to Ewan. "It seems we have the wrong murderer." Ewan pulled a key from his pocket and unlocked Theo's cuffs. "For your sake boy, you better hope Kate Argent is the one we are looking for." Theo nodded but didn't move, at least not till Ewan stepped aside.

Theo rushed to Liam and embraced him. Taking in his scent, feeling himself relax. Liam gripped Theo tight. His heart racing in his chest. He didn't want to let Theo go, not now not ever. "As for the girl, we'll take her. Her sister should be waiting back in New York." Hayden couldn't help but glare at Theo and Liam.

It should be her that Liam was clinging to. She should be the one going home with him. Not Theo. "We also have something for you. A promise to leave the boy alone." Ewan grabbed the box from Murphy and placed it on the table. He undid the clasps and opened the lid. The blade caught glimmered as it caught the sun rays.

Liam pulled Theo behind him. He was going to destroy that sword. Melt it down to nothing. "I'd hide this better." Ewan held the sword out, blade pointing at the ground, for Liam to take. Liam reached for it. Mind racing with a hundred different things he wanted to do to the sword. His hand barely wrapped around the handle before Hayden was lunging forward and forcing it into the ground.

Everyone watched as the ground cracked towards Theo. A large hole opening at his feet, a hand poking out clawing at the dirt. "Theo! Run!" Liam le the sword go and rushed forward. He shoved Theo hard in the chest, sending the scared chimera back. Hayden roared and tried to rush at Theo. Scott tackled her and Derek tried to pull the sword from the ground. It wouldn't budge.

Tara clawed her way out of the hole, standing up slowly. Her dark dirty hair covered most of her face, but there was no mistaking what she was looking at. Theo stared at her in horror. He made Liam break the sword in hopes he'd never have to face her again. But here she was, ready to drag him back to hell, ready to rip her heart from his chest.

Liam turned to Tara and roared. She would have to get through him to get to Theo. "The sword won't budge!" Derek, now assisted by Finnegan, was still trying to pull the sword from the ground. "Break it!" Liam rushed Tara, lifting her up easily. She clawed at him, calling Theo's name. Derek gripped the handle of the sword and twisted it.

Slowly the sword started to fall apart. Liam shoved Tara back into the hole. Just as the ground started to close a hand closed around Liam's wrist, pulling him forward. Theo called out to him, Scott scrambled to get up. Derek ran forward, hand reaching for Liam. Hayden sat in shock and watched as Liam was drug into the hole with Tara. Just as Derek reached the hole it closed. Sealing Liam in hell.